cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EOM
What's DOS?
Views: 803
Message 1 of 3

2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

I had a bigger hard drive installed on my ThinkPad T550. I decided to do this because a big Windows 10 update could not be installed because the original hard drive was full.

After this I started getting crashes, either the HDD0 detection error or a blue screen. I took the laptop back to the technician a couple of times, he first removed the foil that had been around the original drive, then added it back etc.

At some point I ran CCleaner and let it remove all the files it found. This seemed to have resolved the issue.

Today, which is a couple of weeks after I first ran CCleaner, I suddenly got the HDD0 crash again. When I restarted the computer, there was a big Windows 10 update waiting. I installed it, but the computer kept crashing.

I then ran CCleaner again. It found a dozen files to removed, for Edge, IE etc. (which I don't use). I let it remove those files and  since then the computer has been stable again.

I lost a lot of time because of this error and presumed it was caused by a hardware issue, but it turns out it was simply a Windows 10 update problem. I hope this solution helps someone!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 779
Message 2 of 3

Re: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

A detection error occurs at power-up and means the drive did not respond quickly enough.  It wouldn't matter if the drive was completely empty or completely full.  I would make sure I had a good, current backup.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
CilP
What's DOS?
Views: 232
Message 3 of 3

Re: 2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD) / blue screen - my solution was to run CCleaner

How do you use cleaner when you can't even post?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors