cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chiakri
Paper Tape
Views: 196
Message 1 of 4

A Decision Between Thinkpad Yoga 12 and Thinkpad Yoga 14, help?!

Hi, I am new to this site and wondering if I can get some advice. I just purchased the 20DM009Gus (thinkpad yoga 14) from this site when it was on sale the other day, however I was just given an offer for the 20DK0023us (thinkpad yoga 12) which was the size I originally wanted, for the same price. I know each have their pros and cons, but I am wondering if anyone has first hand advice with either or both devices to help me decide which I really should choose?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Guru
Views: 140
Message 2 of 4

Re: A Decision Between Thinkpad Yoga 12 and Thinkpad Yoga 14, help?!

Hi chiakri.

I have a TPY 14 (20DM008UUS) and I'm happy with this model. I didn't not compare it to the TPY 12, but mine is working fine and have no issues. It didn't came with a pen, but it supports "Active pen", so I bought a Thinkpad Pen Pro and it worked fine.

I prefer to stick with the 14" screen but that is more about personal prefence. Maybe if you like to use it very much on tablet mode with a pen, possible the 12" will be more confortable to hold as a book.. but I'm just guessing.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

chiakri
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 3 of 4

I received the 20dm009gus and I have to say that so far I love it. I do have the pen (sold seperately) with it which is great for drawing, and I made some upgrades (added 256m.2 and 500gb ssd) and it's running flawless. The size is taking time to gte used to. It's hard to have something so big for tent mode and even presentation mode, and forget tablet. I worried about breaking it. but the 940m and the fluidity is great. I hope it stays this way!

Guru
Views: 128
Message 4 of 4

Hi chiakri

Did you get the Thinkpad Pen Pro (4X80H34887) ?

I'm just wondering, which "pen related programs" are you using? I really want to squeeze out the value of the pen Smiley Happy

Any others that want to share which cool app are they using with the pen on a Thinkpad are welcome too.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors