cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saliery2503
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 1 of 2

After connecting the power adapter, the CPU is lowered at a constant 0.39GHz! Thinkpad Yoga 460

Hello,

this has been solved here, but the version of "defect" is indeed the opposite. (sorry my english)

As other users solved this problem with - it did not help using more powerful adapter with 90W 4.5A or upgrade BIOS. Power Saver off, no other power saver activated. Many times HW tests from Windows Troubleshooting and Lenovo Vantage - everything OK.

I attached here HWiNFO specification. - Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 460 (Windows 1709, all current drivers updated - no change with update 1803 - same situation)

The power adapter (and also i use many others - no change) will immediately reduce the processor frequency to a constant of 0.39GHz and using the bounce between 0 - 15% .Reinstall Windows, HW test and drivers etc. everything is OK.  Even no help from Settings - Windows - Options of Power - set min. usage processor 100% - no affects. The problem persists.

..omg... , whats that? Common opening of Explorer, Word, copying etc., and other elementary activities are now a matter of minutes - big loss of performance.

Thank for your help

lindholm
Paper Tape
Views: 283
Message 2 of 2

Re: After connecting the power adapter, the CPU is lowered at a constant 0.39GHz! Thinkpad Yoga 460

Hi,

this is a BIOS problem. In one version it was fixed, but it came back in a later version again Smiley Sad

I have the same problem but I installed the software Throttle Stop and then it worked.

/C

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors