cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 76,084

Question

I recently purchased a ThinkPad Twist, and I'm having a problem:  When I have my headphones plugged into the headphone jack, I get audio from both the headphones and the computer speakers, defeating the purpose of using headphones.  Is there any way to fix this? 

Answer

Some users tried the method below and it worked for them.

Note: Twist machine comes with Windows 8 and the methods below are in Win 8 OS as well.

Method A:

1.  Go to the Control Panel by right click the bottom left corner in "Desktop" mode.

2.  Search for "Realtek HD Audio Manager".

3.  Set the headphone as communication device (see image below).

Realtek2.jpg 

Method B:

1.  Go to the Control Panel by right click the bottom left corner in "Desktop" mode.

2.  Search for "Realtek HD Audio Manager".

3.  Click Advanced Device Settings.

4.  Click Multi-stream mode.

Method C:

Another user tried uninstalling Realtek driver and let Windows Sound driver rules it. It seems work too.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
enigma56

I have the same problem.  But i cant fix it as somehow realtek hd audio manager has disappered.  Really need to fix this!!!  

UPDATE: 

I found it, it didnt show up in the search under windows 8.1

hemanth1972

I am also getting sound from both headpones and on board speakers.  My laptop model is T43.  please help it is very annoying.  I have not installed realtek audio manager.  Even if I install realtek audio manager.  It shows only under add or remove programs in control panel.  I uninstalled the audio driver.  Audio will not work, but after I restart the system, the audio works.  Please help

Ramthecowy

You have to go to Realtek HD Audio Manager and click on Device Advanced Settings and change it from Multi-stream Mode to Classic. Image inserted for illustration.

Realtek Audio HD Manager issues.jpg