Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mixzzz
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 1 of 4

BIOS supervisor password

Hi, I didn't really find the answer I was looking for so here I go:

I bought thinkpad yoga 460 that was previously in demopool(nbwn.de). After using it for 4 months I noticed that it has a BIOS supervisor password set and I couldn't get in BIOS. I sent it back, but none of the passwords they usually set worked nor did the one that was given by the previous customer. I definitely haven't set a password of my own, nor could anyone have done it while I have been in possesion of the laptop.  The interesting thing is that when trying to enter BIOS, it asks for fingerprint first which is mine interestingly, although I set one only in windows and after that it asks for the supervisor password.

So is it possible that I have unknowingly set the password for BIOS through windows?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 694
Message 2 of 4

Re: BIOS supervisor password

@Mixzzz wrote:

So is it possible that I have unknowingly set the password for BIOS through windows?

No, that's not possible.  There is no way to set a supervisor password in Windows.

The fingerprint behavior that you noticed is normal.  It's asking you for the supervisor password so that it can be remembered by your fingerprint.  But enrolling your fingerprint did not set the supervisor password.

robsonos
Paper Tape
Views: 451
Message 3 of 4

hi,

I am having exactly the ssme issue, I have the yoga 460 as well. Have you managed to fix it? Do you think it could be caused by a BIOS update?

Stressnbios
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue, now I have a locked bios ..any resolution?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors