Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJ51
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,073
Message 61 of 74

Re: Bad CPU Performance X380 Yoga

@someotherguy, thank you for pushing the whole issue on the Lenovo side. Too bad this switch has not been included in the WMI for the 1.20 Version, I mean, I can't tell my users to enter bios setup and enable this option... Smiley Sad Hope this comes out, soon.

Also thanks to my technical account consultant for the help, I think you are reading this Smiley Wink

Bazinger
SCSI Port
Views: 981
Message 62 of 74

@FTP wrote:

@yipcw wrote:
...with "Extreme CPU performance" setting

Yep, in BIOS > Config > Power > Adaptative Thermal Performance > Extreme CPU performance

Item Specific Help:

Highest CPU performance.
When enable this item, Scheme for AC and Scheme for battery will be disabled.
The item will affect Fan sound, temperature and battery life.

So in that option, what setting should we choose to fix the problem?

Order66
Paper Tape
Views: 973
Message 63 of 74

Maybe we should be clearer when we're talking about fixes for the performance issue and fan sound.   Maybe address that in a separate thread.

marcdIT
What's DOS?
Views: 918
Message 64 of 74

I can confirm the 1.20 BIOS update does not resolve the issues with the CPU performance.   Even with the Extreme CPU settings enabled, the CPU throttles to .4GHz frequently. 

adamparise
Paper Tape
Views: 911
Message 65 of 74

What are the settings that are recommended for each setting?  I set to normal and I am hearing the fan constantly still.

yipcw
Token Ring
Views: 634
Message 66 of 74

BIOS 1.22 2018/11/26 posted in support

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

"...

[New functions or enhancements]
- Added BIOS setup item "CPU extreme performance" to WMI support.

..."

DJ51
Fanfold Paper
Views: 602
Message 67 of 74

Yep, saw this yesterday. Thanks Lenovo, finally you did it! Smiley Happy

jonnypoe
Punch Card
Views: 555
Message 68 of 74

I'm not 100% sure we're out of the water yet on this.

We installed the 1.22 BIOS on a new X380 and with the Thunderbolt Security in the BIOS being set to No Security, the Thunderbolt 3 dock is still prompting for user authentication (which is asking for admin rights).

The release notes make mention of changes to Thunderbolt, is anyone else seeing this?

DJ51
Fanfold Paper
Views: 503
Message 69 of 74

I can't really judge this, because we are just using the "simple" USB-C Docks on the X380. 

However we are having this issue with the P52 and its Dock. Its just a pain in the ass with those USB-C Type Docks. Nothing on those did work out of the box, there were some firmwareupdate necessary to make it actually work, and Admin rights for the first time docking the device. I just dont understand how issues like that can come to the customer. I mean, we are not talking about a 500$ laptop with a 39$ USB-C Docking solution designed for a home user. 

marcdIT
What's DOS?
Views: 479
Message 70 of 74

I've installed the 1.22 BIOS update and still have the same problem.  My CPU clock speed very consistently drops to .4Ghz, which greatly impacts performance. Extreme CPU performance is on.  Is there anything else I should be looking at or does it just come down to this update didn't fix the problem (or maybe wasn't intending to)?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors