Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 5,075
Message 1 of 12

Bluetooth mouse drops connectivity - have to pair every day

I got a new Thinkpad Bluetooth Mouse with my Thinkpad Yoga 370 and although I love the machine, the bluetooth isn't that great. I have to pair the mouse to use it everyday.  After an hour or two of inactivity the mouse disconnects and I have to re-pair it.   Anyone have a solution for this?  Is this just Windows 10 behavior or something I'm missing in a setting on the machine?

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,044
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bluetooth mouse drops connectivity - have to pair every day

Some things to try.

Note:  Make sure to write down what changes you do make, so if needed you can set them back to the defaults if the steps below to not resolve your problem.

Set the Bluetooth Support Service from Manual (Trigger Start) to Automatic (trigger start) using the Services MMC applet

• Right-click on Start, select Run and type:  services.msc    and press Enter
  • Right-click on Bluetooth Support Service  and select Properties
  • Using the Startup type pulldown menu, change the Startup type to Automatic
  • Select Apply

If it still is not working properly, try the following.

Disable power management for your bluetooth mouse

• Right-click on Start and select Device Manager
  • Locate your Lenovo Bluetooth Mouse (sorry I do not have that mouse, so I do not have the exact name by which it will be listed), right click on it and select Properties.
  • De-select the option to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"   
  • Click OK

Good luck,

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 5,031
Message 3 of 12

Thank you I've changed both of those settings, we'll see what results we get.
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 5,026
Message 4 of 12

This seems to have worked, I stepped away from the computer for 30 minutes or so and the mouse was still working when I returned. Thank you for the help!
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,972
Message 5 of 12

Not so fast.  What is the deal with Bluetooth and Windows?  My OSX and iOS devices 'just worked' perfectly, every time.  This machine drops its connection to any Bluetooth device all day everyday, this morning I just gave up pairing headphones on the train after trying 20 times including 2 full reboots.  **bleep**, is this as good as it gets?  No wonder I spent a decade using Apple products, and happily so.  No amount a screwing around got a simple pair of Bluetooth headphones to pair. Gave up, paired them to my iPhone and cursed all the way to work.  Not fixed.

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,971
Message 6 of 12

Moderator please unflagging this post as 'fixed'.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 4,955
Message 7 of 12

@Scaramanga_WA wrote:

Moderator please unflagging this post as 'fixed'.

As this is your thread, you should be able to unmark it.

- Go to the post marked as the solution.

- Click the 'Options' dropdown on the right side of the post.

- Select 'Not the Solution' from the menu.

Please post back if you have difficulty.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,742
Message 8 of 12

@Scaramanga_WA wrote:

Not so fast.  What is the deal with Bluetooth and Windows?  My OSX and iOS devices 'just worked' perfectly, every time.  This machine drops its connection to any Bluetooth device all day everyday, this morning I just gave up pairing headphones on the train after trying 20 times including 2 full reboots.  **bleep**, is this as good as it gets?  No wonder I spent a decade using Apple products, and happily so.  No amount a screwing around got a simple pair of Bluetooth headphones to pair. Gave up, paired them to my iPhone and cursed all the way to work.  Not fixed.

For further diagnosis would it be possible for you to please post your installed driver versions for WLAN and bluetooth respectively and then when you have time please try the following procedure and let us know your observations.

Configure the WiFi Preferred Band to 2.4 GHz . But, please do not connect to a 2.4 GHz WLAN yet.
Pair your bluetooth device (mouse, keyboard, or headset) and make sure that the device is functioning as expected.
Connect WiFi to a 2.4 GHz access point and observe whether or not the Bluetooth device stops functioning afterwards.
If so turn off bluetooth and turn it back on again to allow devices to reconnect.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 4,677
Message 9 of 12

Thank you. I'd love to give this a try, but my three week old machine (at the time) has been at depot repair for a keyboard that fell apart and a bad LCD since 8/18. (26 Days, sitting on parts hold, which is I think longer than it took to build the thing.) So I guess I'll give this a try when I get the machine back.
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,612
Message 10 of 12

Just as a follow up for information, a new BIOS has been released which includes an "important" fix for BT mouse and keyboard disconnection issues.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors