Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 1,471
Message 11 of 12

Re: Bluetooth mouse drops connectivity - have to pair every day

I recently had my machine swapped because of a bad display and in setting up the new machine there was a new BIOS update as well as a brand new Bluetooth driver.  I downloaded both from Lenovo and installed and since then my Lenovo Bluetooth laser mouse has connected at every restart, sleep / wake cycle so I think things are resolved.  To be certain I've also made the changes you suggested, thank you for the advice.

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6
Scaramanga_WA
SCSI Port
Views: 1,451
Message 12 of 12

Re: Bluetooth mouse drops connectivity - have to pair every day

Struggled with connecting Bluetooth devices again yesterday but I was able to find a soluiton.  The new Bluetooth driver that presents itself in Lenovo Companion did not fix the issue (Intel Windstorm Peak 8265 Bluetooth Driver v. 19.71.0.2), but installing the Realtek RTL8822BE Bluetooth Driver from here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-YOGA-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKP...

...resolved the issue.  I found it odd because I thought all of the Bluetooth hardware was Intel, but apparently not.  In any case, now I can connect my Lenovo mouse & Beats Solo 3 headphones and everything seems to work and survives multiple reboots which the machine wasn't doing before.  The best part of this is that the devices connect immediately without any intervention in control panel, no need to re-pair, etc.

I only figured this out because my mouse would work but my headphones wouldn't and went searching for an updated driver.   The Realtek driver made it all work, just installed it and didn't otherwise interact with / configure the driver settings.    The only other adjustments I made were setting the Bluetooth services to start automatically and setting the Bluetooth hardware to not participate in power saving shutdown as others had suggested I might try.

2017 Yoga 370 (personal) 2017 T570 (work), LG G6

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors