Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramthecowy
Token Ring
Views: 205
Message 21 of 28

Re: Brand New Lenovo ThinkPad S3 Yoga 14 Sleep/Wake problems

Hey ashtray,

Yes, there is an update for both Lenovo Settings as well as the System Interface Foundation martiniturbide mentioned earlier.
Have a good day.
Ramthecowy
Token Ring
Views: 205
Message 22 of 28

Oh, and yes, you will have rebooted your computer every time you restart or fully shutdown and switch it on. Rebooting is the same as restarting.
Have a good day.
ashtray
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 23 of 28

I downloaded the one system interface foundation. Lenovo settings still will not open. How do I go about updating it if it won't even open? I've already rebooted then. Once for the Intel graphics driver and another for the system interface foundation.
Guru
Views: 191
Message 24 of 28

Hi.

I'm out of ideas, since "Lenovo Settings" is a Windows Market app, I don't know how to un-install it to try to reinstall it again.

What about the "Sleep/Wake problems"? Do they still show up?

Regards.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

ashtray
Fanfold Paper
Views: 184
Message 25 of 28

Okay so everything is working now. Lenovo settings finally opened after honestly about 20 attempts.

Sleep/wake problems gone. Lenovo settings works. No more glitches switching from tablet to laptop mode. It's all good in the neighborhood.

Thank you all very much. So glad I can keep this thing! It's so **bleep** good.
Guru
Views: 172
Message 26 of 28

That's pretty good !!! Good luck over there with your studies !!

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

ashtray
Fanfold Paper
Views: 141
Message 27 of 28

Okay, fellas

It sadens me to inform you all, but I had to return the Lenovo. After my exam on Thursday morning, I started using it leasurley, did some Starcraft II story mode, browned the forums, and when I went to put it to sleep, it would not fall asleep...just a black screen.

So I hard shut it down and turned it back on. Everything seemed fine, but then I tried to shut it down normally to see what would happen. AND IT WOULDN'T SHUT DOWN. I let it sit for a about 15 minutes before I had tried. 

I was real patient with it for those 2 weeks and 1 day. I tried every update and it would still occur. I could not justify, as a poor student, to keep something so expensive that I'm not 110% satisfied with. 

Anyway, as soon as I hear that all its glitches are gone, I'm jumping right back onto a Lenovo. I love them. I'm sure my ol' faithful mac will last until then. 

ashtray
Fanfold Paper
Views: 140
Message 28 of 28

Oh and hats off to Best Buy, for letting me return it after the 14 day period. The saleman was very cool about it and said not to worry at all. My opening statment was "I'm past my 14 days return period." and he just asked by how much, I said only 1 day, and he proceeded to get me taken care of. 

Still though...major sigh. I'm studying on my mac again...and it just is not the same. I keep going for yoga and touch screen and then remembering...its not a Lenovo Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors