Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-07-2015

17 Signins

51 Page Views

• Message 1 of 1

Cursor gets 'stuck' when using stylus (Lenovo Thinkpad S1 Yoga)

2015-01-07, 18:38 PM

After looking around a bit I couldn't find anyone with this particular problem, but maybe I missed something. 

At any rate, my problem is that any time I use the stylus near the top or left hand side of the screen, it simply stops working. On the left side, it simply won't go the last centimeter over. It's as if it thinks it's reached the edge of the screen. 

At the top centimeter however, it gets stuck. If I move the stylus up into that area, it will reach a certain horizontal line. Moving the stylus up further will cause no vertical movement and spastic, oversensitive horizontal movement. However, if I start moving my stylus down, the cursor begins to very slowly move up. The curser will stay in the top centimeter of the screen until the stylus is touched somewhere in the bottom fourth of the screen, whereapon the cursor will snap back to where the stylus actually is. If the stylus touches the screen anywhere while it's 'stuck,' it will click at wherever it seems to think it is, which very often causes unwanted closing of tabs or windows. 

This problem does not occur when using touch. If I use my finger, the computer can accurately tell where I've pressed it, even if it's in the areas that cause problems. 

Is there a problem with the software/drivers? Is the pen faulty? Or is there something wrong with my screen? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms