Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,114
Message 1 of 30

Cursor jumping on Yoga 460 when using the wacom stylus

The cursor jumping and teleporting around the screen on Yoga 460 when using the Wacom stylus.

This is a really a deal breaker for me, I have three days left to return the laptop.

So far I'm not really happy with the laptop, compared to my trusty x200T

No indicator lights

No sleep button

Easily scratchable screen

Capacitive Windows button on the bezel that can't be turn off (had to put sticker on it)

Trackpoint buttons too flat

Tiny pen thas has NO eraser and FLUSH buttons (constantly trying to find the buttons are)

Now the cursor teleporting around the screen making the laptop nearly unusable as a tablet.

Hopefully this is only a driver issue. Anyone with idea please let me know asap.

Running windows 7 64bit 

lionheart85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,043
Message 2 of 30

Re: Cursor jumping on Yoga 460 when using the wacom stylus

Yeah, I have issues with the cursor jumping around as well, although it is not too often. I thought it was something related to the driver and hopefully will be fixed soon.

However, regarding the capacitive windows button on the bezel, what do you mean by that? There is no capacitive button of any kind on mine.

Aralov
Punch Card
Views: 3,035
Message 3 of 30

I have the same problem. In my case, I've noticed that this only happens when the Thinkpad Yoga 460 is in tablet mode and the stylus tip is approaching the screen. This doesn't occur when the distance between the tip and the screen is less than ~1 cm, but if I make a quick movement, the tap is registered where the cursor jumped. It's annoying because the cursor usually jumps to the taskbar and opens another window.

However, I don't find the Windows capacitive button troublesome since I have to tap it for at least one second or a bit hard to open the menu. I wonder if this is how it actually is or the one in my laptop is less sensitive than it should.

Highlighted
FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,026
Message 4 of 30

Thread regarding to the capacitive button is here.

Mine happens even it is less than 1cm away from the screen, it happens mainly around links in a browser and around the virtual keyboard, hover the cursor over the vitual keyboard and watch it teleport like crazy. Writing is Windows Journal is not as bad, but still jumps sometime jump around.

So is it safe to assume an entire batch of Yoga 460 is affected with this jumping wacom issue? Is yoga 460 the Lenovo first laptop with AES Wacom technology? I think either that Lenovo has not properly intergrated the AES technology yet, or that AES is still immature.

Should I return 460 and wait for the 470/480 or whenever they fix this issue?

@lionheart Can you link this thread to magpie's 460 thread on whirlpool? I want other aussies to know about this issue before they purchase one.

lionheart85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,003
Message 5 of 30

Ah, I did not know that the windows symbol on the bezel is a capacitive button. It is not as responsive as capcaitive buttons i experienced on mobile phones though. It doesnt register all my touch input, I would say only like 20% of the time. Not that I am going to use it much anyway.

And yeah, the cursor always jump to the taskbar whenever it decides to do random cursor jumping. Calibrating does not really help.

FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,978
Message 6 of 30

Could it be due to the fact that battery is going flat in the stylus that cause the cursor to jump?

lionheart85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,970
Message 7 of 30

No, I dont think so. Mine is always full charged before use.

FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,955
Message 8 of 30

So what are you going to do about it?

Are you going to claim warranty or returning it or keep it as it is?

lionheart85
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,949
Message 9 of 30

zi think I am going to keep it for now. I reckon Lenovo is going to at least try to fix it. They have more models coming with the AES Wacom stylus this year and it is not something that an updated driver won't fix. I don't use the stylus much at this point, so it doesn't really bother me.

FinancialWar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,937
Message 10 of 30

Just called Lenovo tech support. The guy refuse to help me because I downgraded to Windows 7. How I have to swap the the HDD that came with the laptop to get tech support.

Given there was an option to choose W7 downgrade, why tech support refuse to help on the basis that I downgraded myself?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors