cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaliu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,412
Message 1 of 17

Does my Thinkpad Yoga have digitizer or compatibility?

I just purchased a refurbished Thinkpad S1 Yoga from outlet. The description mentioned nothing about coming with a pen or having digitizer compatibility although these descriptions are generally not very detailed to begin with.

I was reading that some of these machines (FHD) with the same specs as mine don't come with a pen nor  compatibility and am not sure if those two features can exist separately.  I think the newer versions all have both.

Is there a way to tell if mine's compatible or not? I don't think it will come with a pen and I don't want to open the box before finding out.

Part number if it helps: MP053KKL-20CDCTR1WW

Thanks.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,352
Message 2 of 17

Re: Does my Thinkpad Yoga have digitizer or compatibility?

Hi jaliu,

your model has got both.

Touch and pen.

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

jaliu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,343
Message 3 of 17

Hi Andreas, thanks for your response.

Can you elaborate on why you think it has compatibility and comes with a pen? The description doesn't indicate anything about a pen and a salesperson actually told me that there is no pen. I have heard that lenovo's representatives themselves aren't very familiar with this specific situation and your conflicting statements are proving that rumor to be true.

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 3,327
Message 4 of 17

ThinkPad Yoga FHD digitiser software.PNG

check under the device manager, if you have the pen, it should say digitizer and pen. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
jaliu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,318
Message 5 of 17

I would like to know without having to open the box, as I stated earlier.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,307
Message 6 of 17

Hi jaliu,

I did just a look up with the model number 20CDCTR1WW in Google.

These models shown up by search all have digitizer and pen. so I assume your model also, because of the same model number.

Best
Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen. Silver Edition, ThinkPad 13, Yoga 900, ThinkPad T430s, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

jaliu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,299
Message 7 of 17

I just did a search and saw some without digitizer. For all of the reasons I mentioned earlier, I'd like more definitive evidence instead of a guessing game. Lenovo has started to develop a poor customer service reputation, and I'm starting to see why.

Views: 3,283
Message 8 of 17

Firstly, when you buy something and it doesn't list that feature on the sales webpage, then you should assume it doesn't have it. I would assume it is common sense for most people?

Secondly, patience is a virtue, and it is also great to have manners. You are getting help from people whom doesn't get paid by Lenovo.

Finally, to check if your machine has the digitiser or not, you can check the serial number of your machine, which has the exact part configuration of your machine when it left the factory originally.

04X6445 N Touch HD w/o AG w/o Digitizer (18.8mm)
04X6473 N Touch HD w/o AG w/o Digitizer (18.8mm)
04X6474 N Touch FHD w/ AG w/ Digitizer (19.4mm)
04X6475 N Touch FHD w/ AG w/ Digitizer (19.4mm)
04X6476 N Touch FHD w/ AG w/o Digitizer (19.4mm)
04X6477 N Touch FHD w/ AG w/o Digitizer (19.4mm)
04X6478 N Touch FHD w/o AG w/o Digitizer (18.8mm)
04X6479 N Touch FHD w/o AG w/o Digitizer (18.8mm)

There are machines with FHD shipped with digitiser installed, but with no pen.

PEN FRU is 04X6468

These are the list of the LCD part number shipped with Yoga.

Now check it carefully against your FRU in the part list.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/partsLookup.page

P.S. Volunteer help other people because they want to share their knowledge, and people with bad manners give disincentive for volunteers to help.
Regards,

Jin Li

jaliu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,274
Message 9 of 17

appreciate your help. 

it's not common sense because the descriptions aren't clear. if multiple people, from lenovo or not, aren't even clear, why would you think it's common sense? if the answer was so easy then you wouldn't have to suggest i check the driver or part number, correct?

you telling me i have bad manners is worse manners imo. i know you're not getting paid, but for lenovo to not even be clear about these questions or respond to them speaks about their customer service. maybe you glazed over my question initially, but the other guy seemed like he didn't even read my question or wasn't able to grasp the point. telling someone a computer has certain specs when it doesn't is a big no-no imo. what's worse is that his research was very poor and careless. if someone's going to continuously do a disservice to me especially as a result of carelessness or indifference, it becomes a problem. 

i'm not sure why you felt the need to call me out, but i do appreciate your help and got exactly what i needed.

Views: 3,252
Message 10 of 17

I am not sure where you are going with this argument. For brevity sake and to answer your question/statement.

If you bought a machine that doesn't list on the sales webpage as having pen digitiser, then don't expect it as a feature when your machine arrives. If you DO get the digitiser then you should be happy that you got it, if you didn't then that is WHAT you paid for in the first place.

But anyway glad that you have got the answer.
Regards,

Jin Li

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors