cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bebetter2day
Token Ring
Views: 4,140
Message 1 of 5

Entire process to remove and replace the battery on the Lenovo ThinkPad Twist S230U Video!

There is nothing on the Internet that I found to document the exact process to remove and replace the internal battery on the Twist. So, when the battery died on my Twist I video taped how I did it. I made some mistakes, read the description, but I am creating this post on it now, I have an operational battery and the computer seems no worse for the amateur wear. This is not a video series that is endorsed by anyone nor should it be a replacement for professional service. Do not attempt! Do not consume. Recycle as your state and country law's dictate. Don't do drugs. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9T1D42QoKWClZjd5dqMjQp9vh14aqEmW

Sam 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,125
Message 2 of 5

Re: Entire process to remove and replace the battery on the Lenovo ThinkPad Twist S230U Video!

bebetter2day
Token Ring
Views: 4,114
Message 3 of 5

Re: Entire process to remove and replace the battery on the Lenovo ThinkPad Twist S230U Video!

Thanks sclexman, those are great find. I could not find the word "battery" and the link you shared anywhere, better late than never. I made the videos more to remember how everything went together and yes, it was worrisome, but doing it felt fantastic. The computer did need to BIOS clock reset, which probably means I need a new backup battery, hmm. Still, F1 into BIOS and update the clock and date and viola! a working machine. Thanks, Sam.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,095
Message 4 of 5

You have to dig down into the link. Battery.

You also have to explore the side notes for ALL the other items required to get to the battery. Not simple by any means. 

It should say clearly in the video:  [not side notes]

keyboard

WLAN card

WWan card

Keyboard Bezel

-

Then battery.

I am sure your discovery videos outline this great.

I am Honored of your talent. I hope this helps other forum users vs the Lenovo Training video. Thanks again.

bebetter2day
Token Ring
Views: 3,985
Message 5 of 5

The replacement battery is the Xtend from Laptop Battery Express. They were a very competitive price and the process was very smooth. https://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-S230u-internal-battery-p/len-s230u.htm If the link doesn't work, it is the Lenovo ThinkPad S230u internal battery 45N1092 45N1093 So far.., so good. 

Top Kudoed Authors