Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdr09
Punch Card
Views: 1,352
Message 1 of 2

Erratic mouse behavior

I have a Thinkpad Yoga 14 (bought from BestBuy) which I understand is identical to Thinkpad Yoga 460.  I have been using it for the last few weeks and everything was fine.

In the past few days, the mouse has started behaving erratically.  Specifically:

When I drag a window to move it, the mouse loses its grip half way through the motion, and then re-activates itself.  When it does that, the window I was moving stops, and the mouse clicks on (or selects) whatever happens to be below where the mouse cursor is at that moment.

When I try to select some words or a paragraph in an editor, the mouse will reset itself and my selection gets reset.  I have try over and over again just to select some text (so I can do copy/paste, etc.).  Again, sometimes it will reactivate itself halpfway and select (or auto click on) random and unrelated stuff.

Now, normally I am not moving the mouse very fast, or very slow.  I have varied the speed and movement but to no avail.

I see this behavior with an external USB mouse (on different surrfaces), with the trackpad and trackpoint, as well as the touchscreen.

It started recently and it is infuriating to say the least.  Lenovo Companion says everything is up to date and I haven't updated anything in the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone seen this behavior?  I would be grateful for any recommendation to solve this issue.

Thanks!

sdr09
Punch Card
Views: 1,322
Message 2 of 2

Re: Erratic mouse behavior

OK - I reinstalled all of the drivers and what not.  I was also using an ethernet-to-usb dongle which some people have reported as having the potential to disrupt the mouse operations, and I got a new mouse.  So, things seem to be back to normal for now with the new setup.  Overall, I like the machine.

Thanks!

Top Kudoed Authors