cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayBCTTech
Token Ring
Views: 903
Message 1 of 4

Fingerprint reader not working on Yoga 370 (Code 10)

Hello Lenovo team, I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 (20JH0023US) less than a year old, since we set it up out of the box, we have been unable to get the fingerprint reader to function. In Device Manager, it shows the device cannot start (Code 10). We have uninstalled, reinstalled with the latest drivers, performed a BIOS update. When we try to clear the Fingerprint data in the BIOS, it sits as "Resetting Fingerprint Data" and gets no further. We have also replaced the Fingerprint reader itself (under warranty) on the keyboard bezel and it is still not working.

Can anyone assist in helping us get this working? Is it possible it's a bad factory image of Windows and maybe we should do a reset?

Thanks in advance!

DaveBovey
What's DOS?
Views: 738
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fingerprint reader not working on Yoga 370 (Code 10)

My fingerprint reader quit working after a recent Windows update.  I reinstalled the Synaptics driver, which now is dated 4/3/2018. But the fingerprint reader still doesn't work.  There is a code 31 error.

JayBCTTech
Token Ring
Views: 725
Message 3 of 4

JayBCTTech
Token Ring
Views: 724
Message 4 of 4

I have tried the fixes in these two forums:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Windows-10/Windows-10-April-2018-Update-1803-Windows-Hello-Synaptics-WB...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Synaptics-WBDI-SGX-disabled-Fingerprint-...

Even though it is not the same model, I have updated the BIOS, replaced the fingerprint reader chip, the system board, I have disabled/enabled Intel SGX in the BIOS, applied several different driver updates including the ones in the those mentioned forums, all have not worked! The fingerprint reader still shows it cannot START!

Does nobody have any ideas?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors