cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,459
Message 1 of 26

Getting Thinkpad Yoga 14 to work with Wacom Tablet?

I just got a brand new Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14 and the touchscreen was working great, but once I installed my Wacom Cintiq 12wx onto the laptop, the touchscreen completely stopped working. It seems like the laptop is confused on whether to use the wacom or the laptop as a tablet and I really want them to both work simultaneously.

Has anyone else been able to get their laptop to work with a tablet? Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is the second thinkpad yoga 14 ive gotten since the first one did the same thing and I first assumed it was a computer issue.

Guru
Views: 1,447
Message 2 of 26

Re: Getting Thinkpad Yoga 14 to work with Wacom Tablet?

Hi banana74

Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your TP Yoga 14? are you using Windows 10 (64bits)?

I have tried my TP Y 14 with a Wacom Bamboo and I have no problem using both, the touchscreen with the Thinkpad Pen Pro and the Wacom Bamboo with his own pen.

Maybe what we can do first is try to update the Wacom drivers of your Thinkpad Yoga from the Lenovo support site of you model.

Regards.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,439
Message 3 of 26

Thank you so much for replying! The model # is: 20FY0002US

I'm wondering if maybe you arent running into the same problem as I am since the bamboo does not have a screen unlike the cintiq?

I also noticed that before I installed my wacom, in the About section in Settings, the Pen and Touch said "Pen and full Windows touch support with 10 touch points." but once I installed my wacom tablet it changed to something like "Pen and touch is not supported by this system" Its like installing my tablet completely deletes the pen and touch option? Very strange...

Also, yes I am using windows 10 (it came with the laptop)

Guru
Views: 1,428
Message 4 of 26

Hi

Here it is the link of your models support site:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Just in case also get the latest Cintiq driver for Win10: (Version 12/21/2015 , maybe you already have it)

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Maybe you are right, I don't have a Cintiq, so maybe it is different.

I was checking the support site of your model, but I'm not sure which kind of touchscreen does your Thinkpad has. Mine is a TP Y 14 (20DM) and it has a Wacom touch screen (HardwareID: 056A:5055)

WacomTouchSCreen-TPY14.png

Just in case check out which is your hardwareID.

But you are possible right, maybe it is also a Windows missconfiguration.  Here I have my "Pen and Touch" configuration.

PenandTouch.png

...nothing that gives you too much hints, but let's keep trying to tweak it.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,417
Message 5 of 26

Thank you for your help! Im starting to wonder if maybe whats happening is that once I install my wacom, my laptop switches the touchscreen to my tablet (my second monitor) even though my tablet is not a touchscreen....I found this that im thinking about trying out bc it sounds like what I might need to do: http://superuser.com/questions/231115/how-can-i-set-up-a-touchscreen-as-the-non-primary-monitor-in-a...

Would you be able to send me a picture of your Tablet PC Settings with your wacom plugged in? I think my laptop might be changing the Display option to my wacom display possibly, making my wacom the "main" display.

I also have a small cheap Wacom Intuos that does not have a screen (but it does have touch) and I think I will try installing that as well to see what happens.

banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 6 of 26

ok so I tried doing what I mentioned above but its actually impossible for me.

Heres what my tablet pc setting looks like when I plug my wacom in:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/30cn78m.jpg

And heres what it looks like when I unplug my wacom:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/j6mqef.jpg

Funny thing is, 'setup' and 'configuration' were not grayed out before I installed my wacom. Now that the wacom is installed I cannot access them whatsoever. Its like my computer refuses to allow me to set my computer as a touch screen anymore. I tried doing setup and calibrate while the wacom was plugged in since its the only time im able to access it now, but when I touch the laptop screen with my finger or the pen that came with the laptop, nothing happens. It does, however, work if I use my wacom pen and tablet.

Guru
Views: 1,398
Message 7 of 26

Hi

I just tried it out. Maybe you are right, and it is because you have two touchscreens.

Here it is mine on the TPY 14 with the Bamboo plugged:

2016-02-08 08_45_34-Tablet PC Settings.png

It only sees one display.  But it looks the same without the Bamboo plugged.

The only strange see that I see in your configuration is that Touch should be recognized even if you unplugged the Cintiq.

Can you check the hardwareID of your Thinkpad touchscreen, just in case to see which brand it is.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,377
Message 8 of 26

Hello, and sorry for the slow reply. I just got off the phone with tech support at Lenovo and I paid $70 for their help and they still were unable to fix the issue. I better get a refund....

Anyways, heres the hardware ids for the touchscreen: http://oi67.tinypic.com/ws9roj.jpg

I also tried installing the driver for my wacom intuos photo (does not have a screen but it does have touch, however I turned it off) and its doing the exact same thing. As soon as I plugged my Intuos Photo in, the touchscreen on the Lenovo stopped working.

I also noticed that in device manager, when I plug my tablets in, the Wacom Device gets a yellow exclamation mark. Once Im able to fix that and get the touchscreen to work again, the Wacom Tablet then gets the yellow exclamation mark and the tablet stop working. So basically whenever I fix the touchscreen on the Lenovo, the screen on my wacom still shows up however nothing happens when i touch the wacom pen to my wacom tablet. Its like I can only have one or the other.

This is getting very frustrating...

Guru
Views: 1,363
Message 9 of 26

Hi

I just wanted to check the touchscreen of your TP Yoga,  056A:504D  is from Wacom too but I can't find more details about it.

It is too bad I'm not able to get a Cintiq to try it out on my machine. I tried to replicate the issue with another monitor and my wacom bamboo, but I was not able to do it. It seems that it will be interesting to try it out with another touchscreen monitor to see how Windows 10 react, but I don't have one.

By any chance, I know it may be hard, have you tried your Cintiq with other laptop with touchscreen and/or pen to see if the problem also replicates.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

banana74
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 10 of 26

Yeah sadly I dont have another computer with a touchscreen. Curious, but are you running windows 10? Im wondering if its a windows 10 problem. Also did you do anything special when installing your tablet onto your computer? Like what were your steps to install it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors