cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TechnoX
What's DOS?
Views: 3,334
Message 21 of 25

Re: Getting your full 24GB From ExpressCache!

You also have to format after partition:  ECCMD -Format

Otherwise you get "HFS Volume is not mounted" error.

faraband
What's DOS?
Views: 2,969
Message 22 of 25

Have not been able to find anything that has worked for me. I have the Lenovo Y410p with a 1TB hdd and a 24gb SSD. My bootup time is right around 3 minutes. I have not been able to take advantage of the SSD through ExpressCache, nor through Intel Smart Respone or Rapid Storage Technology. I tried everything in this thread, as well a few other things i came across, but no luck. Any help on setting up the 24gb ssd and how to decrease bootup time , would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

mspirit
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,945
Message 23 of 25

Some claim ExpressCache only does work with Samsung SSDs.
faraband
What's DOS?
Views: 2,937
Message 24 of 25

Even if that is the case, the SSD that came installed in the laptop also came loaded with Intel Smart Response Technology, so I imagine that Should work with the system.. But it does not.
ibrahim52tp
What's DOS?
Views: 76
Message 25 of 25

That one thing I was missing all two hours trying to get back express cache following RESET MY PC option on windows 10. Just for my review in future and others looking for a fixed solution here is what I followed to make expresscache working on windows 10 1909 the latest version. I have modified point 7 pasting the solution already posted on this topic as a Solution, thank you all who provided working solutions.

WHAT WORKED FOR ME :-

2) Make sure you see the SSD disk within the Windows Disk Manager (Right click on computer > Manage > Disk Management). Or you can go to Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc.

3) Delete any partitions you see on the SSD and do not create any other. Warning, when you delete a partition from a hard drive, every information saved on the drive will be lost, so if you have something stored there, make sure to make a backup first. You will also need to take note of the partition number, usually the main (bigger) drive on the PC is “Disk 0” and the SSD is “Disk 1” but make sure to check if this applies for you too.

4) Open a command prompt as an administrator (Start > Accesories > Right clik on Command Prompt > Run as an Administrator) and go to the folder where the Express Cache application was installed, in my case: C:\Program Files (x86)\Condusiv Technologies\Express Cache\.

5) On the elevated command prompt type: “eccmd.exe -info” and you will see if the SSD disk is in use or not. In my case the message was something like “No HFS Partition detected”.

6) If this is the case, go to Start > Run > Services.msc and stop the Express Cache service.

7) Now go back to the command prompt and lets create a partition on the SSD, you will need to type: “eccmd -partition [diskID] [size]” in my case the command was (without quotes) "eccmd -partition 1 15270" as my msata is of 16GB but shows 14.90 which makes its 15270MB
next command is ECCMD -Format

8) Then you can go and start the Express Cache service again.

9) Go back to the Command Prompt screen and type again: “eccmd.exe -info” to check if now you are being able to see the SSD in use.

I got it working fine with results :-

EC Cache Info
==================================================

Mounted : Yes
Partition Size : 14.91 GB
Reserved Size : 3.00 MB
Volume Size : 14.91 GB
Total Used Size : 72.00 MB
Total Free Space : 14.84 GB
Used Data Size : 0 Bytes
Used Data Size on Disk : 67.75 MB

Tiered Cache Stats