Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a7x_1993
Punch Card
Views: 645
Message 1 of 5

HDMI port not working in S440 Touch

Hello everyone,

I recently noticed that the HDMI port in my Thinkpad S440 is not working. When you plug a monitor, nothig happens in the laptop. However, if I use the HDMI port on the Onelink Dock, it works perfectly.

I don't know if it is related, but I noticed this bug after updating the OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update. At the same time of this update I upgraded the 16GB SSD to a 256GB SSD and installed the OS there instead of in the HDD. The error might have been occuring since before the update, but as I usually use the Onelink HDMI port, I didn't notice it until after the update.

Any ideas on what can be going on? 

Thanks.

Guru
Views: 594
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDMI port not working in S440 Touch

Hi.

I don't have that configuration, my only guess is to try  a few things without the dock.

1) Check if you have the latest Video driver. You can use "Lenovo Companion" to update the driver or get it from the support page of the S440.

2) Check the HDMI cable, or any adapter you are using. I noticed on the forums that sometimes different cables and adapters provide different results.

3) Try a different monitor of a TV around just to be sure it is not an issue with that specific monitor.

That is all that cames to my mind right now.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

a7x_1993
Punch Card
Views: 584
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I have already tried all the solutions that you propose. I have also tried updating to the latest driver available at the AMD website (posterior to the one listed by lenovo) and it doesn't work either.

Regards.

Guru
Views: 543
Message 4 of 5

Hi

On this case I think it is time to open a ticket with Lenovo.

http://support.lenovo.com

On "Contact US" you can open a ticket on the web, or check your country's phone number to open it.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

a7x_1993
Punch Card
Views: 512
Message 5 of 5

I followed your advice and opened a ticket on the web. After almost a week, I haven't received any update from them. I hope someone from the lenovo staff sees this message and is able to explain me the reason of such a deficient customer service.

In the meanwhile, has anyone else experienced this same issue? I'd like to know if this is only me or it's a more common problem in this model.

Regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors