Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gobutkus
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 1 of 1

HELP! - ThinkPad Yoga 12 - 20DK - Display Turns Off During Transition To Tablet

I'm truly at my ends dealing with this issue, and searching without luck for a fix.

As stated above, I've got a 2015 era Lenovo Yoga 12 (S2?) 20DK that has been used on and off over the last 18 months. About 6 months ago it started; while flipping the screen from laptop mode to tablet mode, the screen will flicker a few times and after completing the transition to tablet the screen is off. Won't power up, nothing. Now during the act of flipping to tablet mode I can stop at certain points before folding it totally flat into tablet mode, and it will work fine (keyboard/mouse disabled, screen rotation works). There seems to be a sweet spot at about a 45 degree angle in tablet mode that it works fine. Even like that, if I even bump it a little more towards full on flipped back tablet mode, it'll shutdown. I've just been ignoring the problem for the most part but for a new job I started I need it to go into full tablet mode. Everything works fine in traditional Laptop Mode.

I've tried updating the Driver, BIOS, and Windows.

I've disabled the Sensor Data Service and Sensor Monitoring Service

Tried using a strong magnet on different points around bottom of bezel to "fool" any sensors

Nothing is working. My gut always assumed this was hardware related due to a bad sensor of some sort but I cant find anything close to this issue using Google-Fu. This is literally the first forum I've ever signed up on and posted something because I'm THAT DESPERATE! Smiley Happy

Shower me with answers and solutions please...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors