Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessy1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,322
Message 1 of 3

HELP Yoga 260 or Yoga 900?

Hi, 

I was hoping I could find some help/advice on which laptop to get for my studies. I am doing a masters in business so don't need the laptop for photo/ video editing etc. Mainly for excel, reading and taking lecture notes, research and writing essays.

I have narrowed it down to Yoga 260 & Yoga 900. I like that they are both hybrids and easy to transport.

I was hoping someone could explain the main differences between these two and which one you would suggest for what I will be using it for.

I was looking at the:

- Yoga 260 12.5" i7-6500U, 2.5 / 3.1 GHz

- Yoga 900 13 2.6GHz i7-6600U 13.3" 3200 x 1800pixels Touchscreen

Thank you Smiley Happy 

Guru
Views: 1,256
Message 2 of 3

Re: HELP Yoga 260 or Yoga 900?

Hi Jessy1.

Please notice this are my personal opinion, so it may not fit to you.

For Excel and your business master, both machines works fine. Those machines are good enought for what you want to do.

I'm a fan of the Thinkpad brand, so I think that a trackpoint (pointer style mouse) is a plus of the Thinkpad Yoga 260. But if you don't use that kind of mouse this don't count Smiley Happy

The processor looks very similar and enought for what you want to do.

Reviewing the specs, the Yoga 900 has a better resolution than the Thinkpad Yoga 260.

• Thinkpad Yoga 260 - 1920 x 1080
  • Yoga 900 - 3200 x 1800

It also looks like the Yoga 900 has a sligther bigger screen 13.3 vs 12.5.

Yoga 900 seems to came bundle with 16GB of RAM (validate that)

The Yoga 900 has a lot of media hype and has that new hinge that I want to test, but I never hold one of those on my hands.

If I would go blindy by specs I will choose the Yoga 900. That machine seems to be newer (that why it is expensive). But if you are a peson that likes the Thinkpad legacy, you can not get away from that easily Smiley Happy  and yoy may like better a Thinkpad X1 Yoga.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,253
Message 3 of 3

Re: HELP Yoga 260 or Yoga 900?

They are both nice machines.  I have a ThinkPad Yoga 260 and really like it.  I have also tried the yoga 900.  They both have advantages and your choices and needs may well be different from mine.  For pictures and video, the higher resolutions screens in the Yoga 900 (and the yoga 3 pro, which I also have) can really look great, but I tend to use business applications and I find the FHD screen fine for my purposes.  (I prefer the optional FHD screen in the 260 over the HD one)  The Yoga 260 is also part of the ThinkPad line, which I prefer.  Also, the Yoga 260 has a really nice pen built-in, which I find useful.  If you look at the first page of the forum, in the "featured" section, somewhere down there I wrote a short review of the TP Yoga 260, if you want more information.  Perhaps someone with a Yoga 900 can add similar info on why they choose the one that they bought.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors