cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattk2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 637
Message 1 of 6

How do i configure sierra em7455 for wcdma?

hi, I just got a lenovo yoga 460. I need to reconfigure the sierra em7455 chip for WCDMA (currenty says its in GSM mode). How do I do that?  I've run all the lenovo software updates for this device.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 565
Message 2 of 6

Re: How do i configure sierra em7455 for wcdma?

Hello and welcome

Operator' specific modem fw image should be loaded to support it. So, in your case, it's a AT&T or Verizon image.

To do that reinstall modem drivers. But edit configuration.ini file from the drivers package:
- find out the section
[DEFAULTIMAGE=X]
- replace X to 1 for Verizon or 2 for ATT

This setting will force to load specific image if it's there in the modem. There is a chance the setting isn't enough and will not help to connect CDMA network. That meens another drivers package should be installed with complete set of the operators images, so, that'll be our next step.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

mattk2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 523
Message 3 of 6

x220forme,

i tried your suggestion with no success. i changed the [DEFAULTIMAGE=1] and then 3 for sprint but each time the cellular driver displayed GSM. Verizon and sprint are cdma.  also, how do i get the parameters for the internet APN for verizon or sprint or at&t?

thanks

mattk2

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 510
Message 4 of 6

Did you remove the square brackets around DEFAULTIMAGE=1 option? They should be removed. Sorry, I haven't warned earlier.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

mattk2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 5 of 6

OK - I will remove the square brackets and try again. I will try values 1, 2, and 3.

By the way, should I be setting the firmware version in the configuration.ini file? There is a section further down that allows the entry of a version  # For example:

Sprint=v02.20.03.22 or something like that.

Or leave this commented out and let the DEFAULTIMAGE setting dictate the version?

mattk2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 500
Message 6 of 6

That did not work. The Type (GSM) never changes and the version never changes. I also loaded a firmware package from Sierra specificaly for sprint. Do I need a SIM card to get the firmware installed? (i don't have one yet.)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors