Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Griston
Paper Tape
Views: 1,509
Message 1 of 4

How to Insert/Charge Pen Pro for ThinkPad Yoga 11e

Received the ThinkPad Yoga 11e 5th Gen as a gift.  Also, received the ThinkPad Pen Pro, 4X80R38451, as a separate gift.  Apparently, the pen is supposed to be inserted into the laptop for charging -- as seen in the picture below.  However, the laptop has a dummy cap where the pen is supposed to be inserted/charged.  I cannot find an easy way to remove the dummy cap.  It does not slide or lift.  I'm worried about breaking it.  Please help with very specific instructions for removing the dummy cap.  Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Griston
Paper Tape
Views: 1,470
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to Insert/Charge Pen Pro for ThinkPad Yoga 11e

Received no help, unfortunately, from Lenovo Tech Support.  In fact, the online chat agent simply sent me a link to the PDF manual and ended the chat.  I will be reporting him to Lenovo Management, along with a screenshot as proof of his unprofessionalism.  In the end, I took the laptop to Best Buy for help.  They determined the dummy pen cover was saudered in and could not be removed.  My laptop does not have an internal pen charging slot.  Lenovo sold me the wrong the pen. I will bring this to their attention too.  In summary, I am very disappointed in the lack of guidance and product knowledge from both accessories sales and unprofessional tech support.  

ALove14
What's DOS?
Views: 1,316
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for sharing this, I have had the same issue with the dummy pen slot. 

webers2
What's DOS?
Views: 917
Message 4 of 4

I am absolutely glad I am not the only one, and entirely beside myself that lenovo notified me that I needed to purchase a separate pen holder. Has anyone figured out how to charge this ddamn pen? How is it the my Thinkpad Pro Pen for 11e came without a charger, and does not fit in the Yoga 11e (Ultimate Face Palm) worst Lenovo experience EVER!!! Nor is it the one shown  in the manual. At least my guy said he would be raising it to upper management.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors