Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DE777
Blue Screen Again
Views: 830
Message 1 of 4

I forget BIOS Supervisor Password

Hello there,

I set my supervisor password long time ago, I still can use my laptop with hard drive password , but now I want to remove the hard drive password. I can not access BIOS to remove the hard drive password.So,Is there any solution? I still have time on my waranty....

Thanks 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 825
Message 2 of 4

Re: I forget BIOS Supervisor Password

There is no solution to a lost supervisor password other than replacing the motherboard.  As far as the HDD password, it is encrypted in the BIOS but the encryption algorithm is the same on most models of a similar age.  (You don't say what model you have.)  If you have another machine or anything T400 or newer with an ultrabay, you can remove the password there

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
DE777
Blue Screen Again
Views: 796
Message 3 of 4

sorry I have Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 788
Message 4 of 4

As I said, no way around the BIOS password.  I haven't tried a disk from TP Yoga, but I would guess you could remove the HDD PW in the main bay or ultrabay of a newer T or W series

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors