Options

2 Posts

11-29-2016

US

24 Signins

291 Page Views

• Views: 291
  • Message 1 of 2

Incorrect Lenovo Notification That Thinkpad Yoga Does Not Contain Levono Battery

2018-07-24, 17:58 PM

For several monthes I have been receiving a pop up notification from Lenovo that my ThinkPad Yoga S1, Model Type 20CDS02B00, does not have a Lenovo battery, and may cause an issue with my computer's operation.  This notification has been occuring randomly including when I take my computer out of the sleep mode, when restarting, and when powering off and on the laptop.  This issue is the battery in my laptop has never been changed, and has the original battery that came with it when I purchased it at the Microsoft store.

1) How I can obtain the information about my laptop's battery and verify it is from Lenovo?

2) How I can get rid of this annoying notification that continually keeps popping up?

3) Are there other reasons beyond having non Levono battery that this notification might pop up?

Help, Chaz

Options

2 Posts

11-29-2016

US

24 Signins

291 Page Views

• Views: 291
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Incorrect Lenovo Notification That Thinkpad Yoga Does Not Contain Levono Battery

2018-07-24, 19:39 PM

Since I made this post, I figured out the answer to question 1 in my post "How to obtain information about my laptop's battery" without physically going into my computer.  First, if you haven't already, you have to update the Lenovo Settings  app to Lenovo Vantage app on your computer.  Then open up Lenovo Vantage (Type "Lenovo Vantage" into Cortana search window and press "Enter").  Then select "Hardware Settings".  Then select "Power".  Then near the top of the next webpage on the left under "Main Battery", select "Show Details".

The details on my battery did verify that my battery was an original Lenovo battery (Sony FRU Part # 45N1705)!

So the following 2 questions remain:

2) How I can get rid of this annoying incorrect notification that continually keeps popping up?

3) Are there other reasons beyond having non Levono battery that this notification might pop up?

Also, another question has enter my mind:

4) One thought that I've had is that the battery is nearing the end of its useful life, which is resulting in the incorrect notification that it is not a Lenovo battery.  Note, according to Lenovo Vantage details, it's first use date was April 30, 2014, and its cycle count is 460.  If this is the case, this would answer both questions 2 and 3.  If that's the case, maybe what I need to do is change the battery.  Can anyone verify if this might be the issue?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save