Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Parano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,768
Message 1 of 7

Install fresh Windows 10 with Bootable USB

Hi ... my yoga 460 run windows 10 and after a blue screen error (21ca) the system not start up and stuck at check for automatic repair and after a while it tells me windows automatic repair can't find the solution and left me some choices like recovery media ( which i don't make one) also windows resotre point is not working (resotre point made by an critical update from microsoft)  .... how to fix this issue ... and make my machine like the day i bought it ... my guess is i should reintall windows 10 from a bootalbe USB disk ... but how to activate windows 10 at this point 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,740
Message 2 of 7

Re: Install fresh Windows 10 with Bootable USB

Hello and welcome,

Since your laptop was already running Window 10 the activation status should be saved by Microsoft's servers.  If you install the same version activation should be automatic.

You can contact Lenovo support and request USB media (there will probably be a charge for that) or use MS media to do a "clean" install.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Parano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,732
Message 3 of 7

hi ... thanks for the reply ... what about product key which requested at process of installation ... 

Parano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,704
Message 4 of 7

i'm waiting ....
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,701
Message 5 of 7

@Parano wrote:
i'm waiting ....

For what?

As stated, if your machine was previously running an activated Windows 10 and you reinstall the same version, activation should be automatic.  Just skip entering the key.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Parano
Paper Tape
Views: 3,689
Message 6 of 7

hi ... sorry for intterupting to much XD ... i'm change boot setting to legacy bios in order to boot from the usb ... it successfully boot to windows installer but after the windows 10 logo an dots circeling around the installation process stuck at a black ... 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,680
Message 7 of 7

Did you use the Microsoft media creation tool or something else?  Is this a fresh download of Win 10?

For Win 10 on that machine you should probalby be in UEFI mode, not legacy.  I have no idea if that's what is causing the problem though.  Why did you switch to legacy?

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors