Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonsiebzig
Blue Screen Again
Views: 368
Message 1 of 2

Intl. Warranty Trouble JAP-GER / Thinkpad S440

Dear all,

I bought a Thinkpad S440 in Germany a few years ago and additionally purchased an on-site warranty extension, which is valid internationally and allows a technician to come directly to your home to fix the problem. I already used that warranty option in Germany for a broken sound card and it worked perfectly. Technician came and solved the problem on site.

Now, I'm living in Japan and my S440 suddenly doesn't boot up anymore if the battery is plugged in. Works when I unplug the battery. Tried the notorious "unplug and push the power button for 30s" tip in many different variations, but nada. Probably battery dead or Mainboard problem, who knows.

I'd now like to use my international warranty option here in Japan, but the Japanese customer service said they don't have the parts here. According to them, I am supposed to ask the German customer service to send the parts to them. Problem is, I cannot call them in Germany and am also tired of solving that problem myself when I actually paid big money for that warranty pack. So, does anybody know a contact address of somebody in a higher hierarchy and can help me to escalate that problem? Maybe global warranty management or something? I feel lost and am really wasting my time here. 

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Best,

Simon

Guru
Views: 294
Message 2 of 2

Re: Intl. Warranty Trouble JAP-GER / Thinkpad S440

Hi

According to them, I am supposed to ask the German customer service to send the parts to them. Problem is, I cannot call them in Germany and am also tired of solving that problem myself when I actually paid big money for that warranty pack.

I think that is not right, I found that answer very strange. Also be sure if you are talking to a Lenono representative or to a local partner that has authorization to repair the machines. 

Open the customer service where you are and say you want to open a complain. If it is necessary open up the ticket and say you want to escalate your issue.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors