cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevGuy80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 751
Message 1 of 4

Issues with ThinkPad Yoga and OneLink Dock Pro - device constantly "disconnects"

I recently purchased a ThinkPad Yoga with a OneLink Dock Pro. I am having one issue. When I plug the laptop into the one link I get a constant device disconnect sound over and over until I reboot. This happens most frequently when the device goes into sleep mode NOT attached to the dock and I then attach the device to the dock and wake the device up. It happens in other scenarios too but this scenario causes it almost 100% of the time. It is extremely annoying. 

In addition, this scenario also causes my HDMI sound (through my Asus monitor) to not work and switching play devices in Windows 8.1 doesn't work until I reboot. Once I reboot, the annoying sound goes away and my sound devices all work. There seems to be a few one-off scenarios that cause this to happen as well but none I can pinpoint just yet.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix?

olof2006
Punch Card
Views: 736
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issues with ThinkPad Yoga and OneLink Dock Pro - device constantly "disconnects"

Unfortunately, you are not alone.  The combination TPY with OneLink and OneLink Pro is not (yet?) a stable marriage.

See, for example, this very long discussion thread (22 pages, >210 posts, 3 months, and counting...):

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/Re-OneLink-network-port-flapping/td-p/1358947

Lenovo has still (after 3 months!!) not provided a fix for this issue. In the above thread some workarounds have been posted, which seem to work for some. See Page 15 and page 22, for example.

Lenovo is really dropping the ball on this one.

DevGuy80
Fanfold Paper
Views: 731
Message 3 of 4

Re: Issues with ThinkPad Yoga and OneLink Dock Pro - device constantly "disconnects"

Thank you. I will look through that thread.

olof2006
Punch Card
Views: 677
Message 4 of 4

Lenovo has finally given an update on when this problem will be fixed. A new BIOS version is being worked on, for the Thinkpad Yoga. Available mid-March.

See page 24 of this discussion thread for more information

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/Re-OneLink-network-port-flapping/td-p/1358947/page/2...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors