Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaltonM
What's DOS?
Views: 308
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo TP Yoga 14, 20FY- Screen goes black as if shut randomly

Hi, I am join the Lenovo forums to seek assitance with an issue with my Thinkpad Yoga 14. 

I recently purchased the notenook from Best Buy and it has been great. 

But there's an intermitten issue with the screen going black. My theory was that the ambient light sensor is what tells the laptop it's closed, and it was getting obscured, causing my screen to turn off. 

This issue occurs when I am using it in tablet mode and during the process of the folding the screen back. The screen is fine in laptop mode, unless I adjust the angle of the screen. 

So it seems every time I place my hand on the screen to draw, or fold the hinge, the screen will turn black.

I have taken the following steps:

-Updated Windows and all my Lenovo Apps.

-Changing power options to 'Do Nothing' when lid closes.

Does anyone else have this issue? I am hoping this is not a hardware issue Smiley Sad 

Thanks everyone. 

DaltonM
What's DOS?
Views: 253
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo TP Yoga 14, 20FY- Screen goes black as if shut randomly

Just wanted to update this topic incase anyone has this issue as well. 

I absolutely cannot find a fix for this, while I hoped to avoid it, I have ordered a cardboard coffin to send my laptop in to Lenovo for repairs.

I am very dissapointed, as this is my first laptop purchase and I feel some regret. I did a lot of research to find the perfect laptop for me and this certainly was it. But after these issues I have my doubts about not only finding a laptop to suit my specific needs, but Lenovo ThinkPads. 

I always trusted ThinkPad to work well and be reliable, but that has been the opposite experience for my first laptop purchase.

I hope a repair can resolve my issue.

Thanks. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors