Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeaSteenstrup
Blue Screen Again
Views: 264
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430 is only charging when turned off

The adaptor is connected, the computer is turned on and it says: 'connected, not charging' and suddenly it just dies (when it hit 0%). However when the computer is turned off it charges without a problem.

When I connect it to the adaptor and the pc is turned on it charges for 5 seconds and then it goes to 'connected, not charging'- mode.

I have read through some other post suggesting to remove the battery - however the I have to remove the keyboard and other stuff as well, so I was looking for a simpler solution.

Can you help me?

Guru
Views: 252
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430 is only charging when turned off

Hi, welcome to the forum.

I can not rule out a hardware problem, but maybe you can update some drivers and check some configuration before opening the laptop.

I'm checking the support site for the Edge S430. I'm assuming you are using Windows 10 and this are my thoughts to try to find some issue.

1) Give it a try installing the "Lenovo Settings" from the Windows appstore, once it is installed it will ask you to install some dependecies controls, install those too. Check the "Battery Settings" on that tool and check if there is something strange with the configuration.

2) I also find something interesting on the BIOS update for that machine. If you check the "BIOS Update Utility for Windows 10 (64-bit)," the readme it has something related to

Fixed an issue where the battery won't be charged after performing PeakShift.

I'm not sure what is that for, but if you are confortable updating the BIOS of your machine, just check that you are at the latest BIOS level. Please do it with your battery fully charged.

Give it a try and let us know if you find something that may give you some clues.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors