US

8 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkPad Twist (s230u) blue screens and freezing

2018-08-05, 20:55 PM

Hi,

I've been having issues with my laptop in the last few weeks. It's running Windows 10 since at least 2016 and never had any issues until recently, even though no meaningful changes were made. The computer started to randomly freeze, and sometimes blue screens are shown. Most blue screens either had the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION message. The PC is currently running Windows 10 1803, but the problem started before the upgrade, with Windows 1709 (long after that upgrade though). I tried the Reset this PC option (under Settings > Updates & Security > Recovery), but I still got the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (0x154) error afterwards. I attached the log I got from the Event Log.

Also, as mentioned before, the system ocassionally freezes like this:

The mouse cursor shows that Windows explorer and every other program is busy, and i can move the cursor, but I can't click anything. I can't even open the task manager, so I'm given no choice but to press and hold the power button. This happens randomly.

It's also very important to note that every single system check I ran (via Lenovo Vantage, Lenovo Support Center, HDTune and memtest86) was successful and displayed no errors, so I doubt the cause is hardware-related. There's no errors in the device manager either. Any suggestions?

Options

3240 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4134 Signins

45627 Page Views

• Views: 45627
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist (s230u) blue screens and freezing

2018-08-05, 22:26 PM

If it is blue screening, Windows 10 should be creating a %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP  (e.g. C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP) file, so if you can locate the memory.dmp file, zip it up, and then attach to a reply, or upload to one drive etc,, it may shed light on what is actually causing the BSOD, which often are device drivers or installed applications behving badly..    

Options

2 Posts

08-05-2018

US

8 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Twist (s230u) blue screens and freezing

2018-08-06, 0:43 AM

Here's the file (via Drive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/10wLV5HJg5F_i0Q2UV9MMSPlahsR9ooE2/view?usp=sharing

Hope it helps, thanks for answering!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save