Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Si-pie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 778
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga - ThinkPad USB-C Dock40A9 Display Issue

I hope someone can help me.  I am having an issue with connecting my Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga to a USB-C Dock.  I have installed all of the drivers and enabled Thunderbold 3 within BIOS, however only the USB, LAN connections work when I plug the dock into the Laptop.  The two displays that are plugged into the dock via Display Port do not work and the laptop seems not able to detect the displays. 

Things I have tried:

Plugged in only one monitor using both VGA and DP but still nothing.

Uninstalled and reinstralled the drivers.

Ran the Lenovo support tool to make sure all drivers on the laptop are up to date.

Power cycled both the laptop and dock.

As I said the USB devices plugged into the dock seem to work fine as does the LAN.  I have tried to update the firmware on the dock however I keep getting the following message:

ThinkPad USB-C DP Hub version can't be checked!
Please power cycle the Dock to try again.

I have powercycled but still have the same message.  I am all out of ideas as to why the displays do not work.  

Any ideas?

Neeraj777
What's DOS?
Views: 517
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X380 Yoga - ThinkPad USB-C Dock40A9 Display Issue

Seems the Current Updated display drivers is creating the issue. Uninstall the same, restart and make sure u get the previous driver version 23.20.16.5018. Shout out to lenovo to fix the issue on the current drivers

seanarora
Paper Tape
Views: 399
Message 3 of 5

This is the fix-  I've forwarded the issue to Lenovo, but I had the issue on over 10 systems.

This issue is related to the Intel Graphics Driver  v 26.20.100.6951 published through Lenovo System Update. 
Lenovo is not hosting previous versions on their Driver Pages, and instead I found older Graphics Drivers for both the 370 and X380 respectively inside the hosted SCCM Driver Package for both models. I just pulled a 2018 package and extracted the driver. 

After I obtained these drivers, I uninstalled the Intel Graphics 620 Driver from Device Manager. At this point, usually the system lists the graphics adapter as "VGA Compatible Device," it will change over to Microsoft Base Display Adapter. At this point, you can manually update the driver to the Intel Graphics 620 driver with an older version using the INI files. 
1. On laptops connected to a docking station with 1 external monitor, I had no issues.
2. On laptops connected ot a docking station with 2 external monitors, I found that monitors still wouldn't properly detect completely. It required me to go to the Intel Graphics Control Panel and choose the Displays manually.

Driver Packages published by Lenovo

Docking Station affected: 40A9 ThinkPad USB-C Dock

Neeraj777
What's DOS?
Views: 379
Message 4 of 5

@seonara hope Lenovo issues a fix for this issue. 

Highlighted
seanarora
Paper Tape
Views: 348
Message 5 of 5

I had a meeting with my Lenovo rep today, they will be pushing it up the chain. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors