Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alpaka13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 391
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 high battery drain problem when switched off

I'm having an issure with a significant battery drain when the notebook is shut down. In couple of days being switched off and not in use, battery loses around 10-15% or even more. I have tried to disable always on USB in the bios as well as the quick start of Windows 10. It didn't help. I still lose  the battery charge.

Specifically to investigate the issure I'm leaving the notebook for few days closed laying around aside and then turning it on. Last time I did it the battery was entirely dry - I received a bios warning with the beep about critical battery level and computer didn't turn on normally untill I pluugged the power cable. This shows that battery charge loss is significant and out of control.

Extremely frustrated that such a premium computer I bought for traveling and long-lasting off-home usage has battery issure of that kind and can't provide longevity and service it was bought for.

Diagnostic tool shows the battery is almost new, 99% of health. Some screenshots with the battery information are attached.

My specs are Windows 10 1903, 256gb 2,5'' SSD, 8GB RAM, i7 5600U CPU.

I saw quite a few forum posts about similar issure with other models as well, and there were different bios fixes and updates solving the issure (for the most part). Maybe there is something systematic is going on and must be taken into a closer look and serious consideration? I really hope engineers will investigate the issure and release a fix for that model as well, because right now the machine is basically not worh the spendings made for it.

bat1.pngbat2.png

alpaka13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 355
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 high battery drain problem when switched off

Additional specs:

Bios: JEET85WW (1.34 ), 10/11/2018.

Windows 10 Pro 1903.

Highlighted
alpaka13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 334
Message 3 of 7

After slight usage I left notebook switched off for few more days again, this time with 35% of the battery. Upon powering it up Windows showed that there is 24% left. And in less than 10 minutes I see an alarm that the battery just dropped to 10%. In less than a minute or two just right after that - another alarm about crytical battery level and notebook just went off. There wasn't even any major reason to suck the battery charge out - simple webpage without any multimedia contents. No CPU workload whatsoever.

So no one will adress this issure to be fixed? Makes me not want to ever buy any Lenovo product again and from now on will not recommend to anyone I know.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 280
Message 4 of 7

Try turning off Fast Startup.  (on the control panel - power/Choose what the power buttons do.  

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
alpaka13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 5 of 7

Hello richk, thank you for your reply. I already did that as I stated in the first message. It didn't help.
natezch
What's DOS?
Views: 199
Message 6 of 7

Mine, problem solved.
Thanks richk....
alpaka13
Fanfold Paper
Views: 26
Message 7 of 7

Problem remains. No official technicians from Lenovo or admins will adress the issure? There are multiple similar troubles with other models caused by so called "S5 state if the lid is closed". I see this S5 state when the lid is closed in most of those topics about battery drain.

And they got BIOS updates (even several, one after another due to improper and ineffective fix), like here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X380-Yoga-High-battery-drain-when-off-again/m...

But no one seems to care about less premium and widespread models as they don't provide extra value from the users and potentioal gains from future purchases. Such a great treatment.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors