Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

01-29-2016

Lagos, Nigeria

13 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 Won't Come On

2016-01-29, 23:20 PM

Hi

I just got my thinkpad yoga 14 yesterday and I was able to use it for about an hour or so then I shut it down. 

I tried putting it on later but it refuses to come on. If I connect the AC adapter, the red thinkpad light would blink four times and if I press the power button, the red light and the keyboard lights comes on and good of almost immediately. 

I've just got this for a few hours and this problem is really frustrating. Is there a quick fix without returning. 

I bought the laptop from Lenovo US and I'm in Nigeria, I feel returning it would take time which I don't have. I need the laptop for work. 

I've tried the reset hole, I've also tried removing the battery and pressing the power button multiple times. 

Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Views: 32413
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 Won't Come On

2016-02-02, 17:41 PM

Hi janonymousone.

Can you please share the full model number of your Thinkpad Yoga 14?

Is this problem, that you can turn on the machine, comming from time to time? Is the machine operable, but sometimes when you shut it down does not turn on? Or is it complete not working right now?

If it boot and works for time to time, I will check any BIOS firmware update for the computer just in case. I would also check that if it is getting if it is getting hot more than usual.

If it complete useless right not and if you have changed the battery, pressed the reset hole button and it still does not turn on, it seems that you need to send it to the repair center to me.  For what I can see there is a Nigeria phone on the "Contact Us" page on the support site. Call them to see what options do they give you.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

8 Posts

01-29-2016

Lagos, Nigeria

13 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 Won't Come On

2016-02-02, 22:16 PM
It doesn't come on at all and this started the same day I got it. I guess I was sold a defective unit unluckily.

Model Number: 20DM009GUS

I've been able to reach the service center on phone and I was told I have to bring it in but the nearest service center is some states away so it would take a few weeks before I would be opportuned to go.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms