Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
killhefferc
What's DOS?
Views: 206
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 auto-rotate problem

Hello,

I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this subject.

When I first bought this computer the only issues that I had were that the Windows 10 settings as well as the control panel settings were not indexed properly, and would not show up when I searched for them. After performing a recovery multiple times without any luck using the built in recovery option I decided to use the Windows 10 recovery media creation tool and reinstalled Windows 10 that way. This fixed the settings indexing problem, but now I have another problem. I can't seem to get the auto-rotate feature to work at all. I have installed the drivers for my particular model of laptop through the Lenovo Support page but my screen still won't rotate when I change orientations.

Any information/suggestions would be a big help.

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 172
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 14 auto-rotate problem

Hi, welcome to the forums.

I was not able yet to be sure which is the driver that manages the autorotation on Windows 10 for this TPY 14. But I think it can be good for you to install the latest driver available for it and some Lenovo tools that are utilities to manage the computer.

Here are my general tips.

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors