04-03-2017 09:59 AM
I own a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 12 i5 180GB laptop/2-in-1. Sometimes, the CPU fan will just turn off completely, especially when the CPU is under heavy load. I am a content creator, and I use this computer for the bulk of my encoding jobs. Sometimes, when I am rendering or encoding, or even just scripting. Also, the battery is only charging to 41480 mWh instead of the designed 47060. What is happening? i have owned this for 1.5 years.
04-07-2017 05:33 PM - edited 04-07-2017 05:33 PM
Hi, welcome to the forums.
I don't have that model, but on your case I would try the following.
1) Check if there is no dirt on the fan output, try your best to clean the laptop for any dirt.
2) If you are using Windows 10, I would use Lenovo Companion to update the drivers and BIOS to the latest level.
3) Also with Lenovo Companion, I would check with the hardware inspection tool for any error it may report.
4) Maybe use a temperature software to see which if there is any specific temperature that turns off the fan.
5) I would try "Lenovo Setting" to see if there is any configuration like the "Battery Life threashold" that is turned on that does not allow your battery to fully charge.
This are just some "Trial and error" ideas. If nothing works, maybe it is time to open the ticket with Lenovo.
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
|Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!|