Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vnl
Paper Tape
Views: 271
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1 Fn Key Non-Functional

I was in a meeting and stopped using my laptop for around 10/20 minutes or so. When I went back to my laptop to type, the Fn key was stuck; pressing space toggled the backlit keys. I tried pressing Esc to turn on/off the FnLk, but the problem was still there regardless of whether FnLk was on or not. Then I restarted. However, the Fn key does not work at all now. Pressing Fn in combination with F1-12, space, or esc does not do any of the functions it should do. Pressing F1-12 without the Fn key doesn't do any of the special functions either.

When I changed the settings so that the functions were the default on the F1-12 keys, they worked, but I like having the default of F1-F12 stay as they were instead. I went onto the BIOS and switched the Fn key with the Ctrl key. Ctrl+ the other keys worked for the functions including the backlit keys, but I also am used to the default key positions.

Actually, my Fn key started to spontaneously work just now. But it's stuck. Is the problem in my keyboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors