Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

156 Posts

12-17-2015

Viet Nam

322 Signins

2700 Page Views

• Views: 2700
  • Message 181 of 182

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 Active Pen

2016-05-27, 9:55 AM

wrote:

I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed to this thread for keeping me up to date to with the failure that is the thinkpad yoga 15 active pen.

I finally found a laptop that fills this niche, combining power, size, and specs with the active pen.

For those of you who need a relatively powerful laptop with an active digitizer, look into the HP Envy x360 with HP's active pen.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Screen-i7-5500U-Natural-Silver/dp/B013TCW7KQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1444270095&sr=8-2&keywords=hp+envy+x360

I purchased mine used from best buy with the following specs

• intel i7
  • 8gb ram
  • 2gb dedicated graphics
  • 1 tb 5400 rpm hdd--->swapped this out for a 500gb ssd, a bit trick due to laptop construction
  • 3 usb ports
  • hdmi port
  • ethernet port
  • all metal body
  • 5 hours of battery when used intensively

It is compatible with HP's active stylus right out of the box.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-active-stylus-silver/1169103.p?id=1219473261320&skuId=1169103

HP doesn't explicitly state this on their site or forums, but I checked compatibility before making my purchase. I recommend you check your laptop prior to purchase as well.

The pressure sensitivity is pretty ********** on apps such as fresh paint, but works well with Wacom Bamboo Paper.

I've also heard whispers about dell's active pen being way better. If someone tries this combination, please let us know.

Best of luck

Mod's Edit:  Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity
                     and attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by
                     Forum Guidelines and have been removed

I prefer Lemovo because of the unique Battery Conservative feature

Options

156 Posts

12-17-2015

Viet Nam

322 Signins

2700 Page Views

• Views: 2700
  • Message 182 of 182

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 Active Pen

2016-05-27, 14:33 PM

wrote:

I don't understand why someone can't make a Windows stylus similar to the 53 Pencil Stylus for Ipad and Iphone.  These IOS products also lack a digitizer, yet it seems possible to have pressure sensitivity and palm rejection.  It seems that all that is lacking is Bluetooth Drivers for windows.  Come on Lenovo!

Fifty Three Pencil

Apple Pencil is only for Ipad PRO 

Look http://www.apple.com/apple-pencil/

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms