US

5 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 vibration and buzzing noise randomly

2019-02-28, 23:04 PM

Hello,

I bought a used Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 for gaming purposes for my son. The computer works great except for one annoying feature. The computer will just randomly vibrate and make a buzzing sound. The remedies I have tried are as follows: Updated windows, updated drivers, turned off touch screen, turned off track pad, (using a mouse with usb), and turned off the windows button usiing the software called Sharp Keys. We have also taken it apart and cleaned out fan. It is out of warranty. Does anyone know what this could be? I am exhausted as to what to try next.? Seems to be worse during gaming (roblox) and videos.  Just a mom trying to keep the peace with the computers. (Not Tech savvy). 

Thanks!

Options

4 Posts

12-05-2014

LU

13 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 15 vibration and buzzing noise randomly

2019-03-08, 17:39 PM

Hi, 

the Windows Button on the bottom of the screen activates a vibration motor inside the bezel at the bottom of the screen. My guess is that you might be accidentally touching it? If not, try cleaning the area. I've had ghost touches (the touch panel reaction, with no actual input - the button under the screen is essentially that) caused by dirt before. :) 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete