Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 724
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 will not autorotate screen

Recently I noticed that my screen will no longer autorotate when I put it into tent or tablet mode. I checked the Windows Action Center and there is no button to lock orientation and when I press Windows Button + O it does not allow me to turn Autorotate on or off. I think the most recent upgrade of Windows 10 really messed things up. Does anyone have advice on how I should proceed? I have tried:

1. Installing new video drivers

2. Updating all Lenovo drivers

3. Installing Intel Sensor Drivers

Thanks!

Gordon

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 687
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 260 will not autorotate screen

So it looks like I have no Sensors in my Device Manager. Other people with my exact model have them but they have Windows 10 Build 1511 not 1607.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 684
Message 3 of 10

Hi,

FWIW I have a new-to-me Yoga 260 that arrived with a 1607 Lenovo preload.  Autorotate works and I see sensors in Dev Mgr.

Do you have any unknown devices showing?  Have you tried running Lenovo Companion to see if it picks up anything?

Z.

Yoga 260 Dev Mgr Sensors.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 681
Message 4 of 10

Tried running Companion. Updated all my drivers again BUT each time I try to update the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution 10 [64], it says the install is completed, but when I scan for updates again, it keeps coming back. I think that it is not installing correctly every single time. I do not have a "Sensor" folder in my Device Manager, I do not have any unidentified hardware, and I cannot find any random hardware that could be these sensors. 

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 679
Message 5 of 10

This is my Device Manager:

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 677
Message 6 of 10

3.PNG

Capture.PNG

2.PNG

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 675
Message 7 of 10

Have you tried manually installing Intel Integrated Sensor Solution 10 or are you working only from Companion?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 670
Message 8 of 10

I tried from the Companion, from a download file from the Lenovo Support website (n1gsh13w.exe), even from a different version when all others didn't work (n1gsh11w.exe). No luck with all.

winekiwiguy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 658
Message 9 of 10

I am having the exact same issue.  It looks like it's an issue when the Yoga 260 is updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary edition. Installing the Integrated Sensor Drivers package does not work, nor installing display or any other drivers.

I checked the registry and the SensorPresent entry is not present in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation which is causing the issue, but so far have no way of getting it installed.

Jason

Pylon
Punch Card
Views: 647
Message 10 of 10

Yes exactly. Really needs to generate new drivers for the orientation sensors. The Intel drivers do not fix the problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors