Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarun
Paper Tape
Views: 241
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Gen 3 Rubber Paint coming off

I have been a user of Thinkpad for the past 15 years and now my 11 month old Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Gen 3 is having paint issues on the corners. I have sent it for warranty repair and now Lenovo asking me to pay $240 to get it back since it is a cosmetic issue. My question is I have never seen a laptop where paint starts falling off after just 11 months. Lot of people are having the same issue. I am looking for everyone’s help and Lenovo have to own this.

Tarun
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga Gen 3 Rubber Paint coming off

This is what Lenovo has to say. What a joke. I have never used a docking station. Well it is just easier for Lenovo to deny the issue rather than standing behind their users :-(

'I have physically looked at the unit with one of my engineers, and it’s apparent that there is some wear on the edges.  Not sure if this from a docking station or what.  This issue doesn’t impede the overall function of the unit or cause it not to work.  This is a cosmetic wear issue with no history of a manufacturing defect and isn’t covered under the warranty.'

'The issue that you are having is a cosmetic issue due to it not affecting the function of this unit. The document that you sent even support that this is just a cosmetic issue even tho it is a totally different machine type.  Lenovo does not have a warranty which covers cosmetic issues.  Please advise if you would like to accept or decline the billable charge as our policy only allows us to hold the unit for 11 business days before it is sent back unrepaired.'

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors