Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjpgpjpg
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 bios reset

Hi guys, 

I have no idea what's happening with my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 (it's about 3.5 years old, its warranty just expired). Every time I reboot, I get this weird message saying "Configuration changed, please reboot the machine...". I then proceed to reboot the machine and everything works but the bios options are always resetted! This makes the laptop extremely unusable for me as I always swap the fn/ctrl keys so that I don't have to learn a new keyboard every time I switch computers. If I go back and change the option, it works fine, but the next reboot it does the same message again and I have to reconfigure the bios at EVERY boot. I'm lucky this option is the only one I changed, otherwise someone that would have changed the boot order/graphics settings/passwords etc. would be in a much worst situation than me...

At first this seemed like a typical bios battery being out of juice so that the config can't stay saved, but I've now changed the bios battery twice with new ones and this doesn't change anything... It's been working perfectly for 3 years but now it just suddenly stopped working for that reason (by not working I mean the bios that keeps resetting itself, I can still boot to my main OS just fine after).

If anybody has any suggestion that would be greatly appreciated. I thought about flashing the bios but afaik it's the latest one, and anyway as I'm only running GNU/Linux I can't run the .exe tool to update it (off-topic but please lenovo have another way to update your device firmwares than using a windows only solution...)

Thank you guys, I'm getting pretty desperate at this point, I don't want to change my notebook as everything else (battery, storage) is still running well even after 3 years.

dovamp
Paper Tape
Views: 545
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga S1 bios reset

This is a linux kernel bug. See https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=195951

Top Kudoed Authors