cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikepark77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,666
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Twist display issues - No display unless I connect to an external monitor

Having a very strange (and annoying) issue with the display. I can only see the display on my Twist after connecting it to an external monitor first. If I do not, all I see is a black screen. No cursor, no anything. If I connect it to an external display via the display port to VGA adapter, it works fine.

If connect it to an external display and then disconnect my external display, the display will remain on the Twist. However, if I reboot, I lose the screen again until I connect it to an external monitor. I made sure that "PC Screen Only" is chosen in the Fn+F7 option.

This is obviously a serious problem. This is for company use and our users will not have a VGA monitor handy with them where ever they go. I checked the hardware manager and all the drivers are installed with no warnings.

mikepark77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,546
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Twist display issues - No display unless I connect to an external monitor

Figured out a work around and narrowed down the problem. If I hit the Second Screen key (F7) after booting, it will go PC Only as the first choice and bring up the display on the laptop after a few seconds.

The puzzling thing is why it seems to choose the external monitor as the default monitor on boot, even if it is not conected. I've tried running System Updater to make sure that I have all the latest drivers. All the display settings appear to be correct.

mikepark77
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,525
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Twist display issues - No display unless I connect to an external monitor

Only resolution was to re-image the laptop. No version of the driver would fix this issue.

Disabling the video card driver would fix the issue where it had to be connected to an external monitor, but that killed the ability to connect to an external monitor. While going in and enabling it and disabling it is a work around, this is not acceptable because this machine was slated to go to our sales team and executives.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors