11-25-2019

US

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Yoga 11e Screen Rotation Problems - Windows 10

2019-11-25, 22:08 PM

Hoping someone may have found a solution that I can't-  I have a number of Yoga 11e models, approx half of which work perfectly.  The other half will not recognize that you are tenting or converting the screen to tablet mode and in the rare instance that they do, the screen is off by 90 degrees.

This behavior is duplicated when booting from an Ubuntu drive so this isn't a Windows issue.

All units updated to current bios, installed all available drivers, etc- no change.  

My assumption is that there is a firmware update for a sensor that may fix the issue but given the number of units I have with the same problem, I can't understand how this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue online.  I have found one or two posts that reference the issue but none with a solution.  

Thanks for any help.

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Yoga 11e Screen Rotation Problems - Windows 10

2019-11-26, 13:08 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

How often the issue happens? Does the issue occurs both Ubuntu and Windows operating system?

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Aside form updating the BIOS and drivers.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

103 Posts

03-09-2018

IN

36 Signins

903 Page Views

• Views: 903
  • Message 3 of 5

2019-11-26, 14:33 PM

First, open Device Manager and expand Sensors, from there right click HID sensor collection and Disable it. Then right click again to re-enable it. Once done, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Adrian Gates
System Administrator
Options

2 Posts

11-25-2019

US

3 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 4 of 5

2019-11-26, 14:41 PM

Thanks for the reply- no change after trying this.  It isn't Windows or driver related as the problem exists in Ubuntu as well with the orientation being 90 degrees off.  The units that work correctly do not behave this way.  

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

US

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 5 of 5

2019-11-26, 17:46 PM

The sensor might not working properly as it happens on other operating system as well.

Kindly follow the steps below to check the sensor monitoring service:

• Press Windows Key + R and type services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
  • When Services window opens, locate Sensor Monitoring Service and double-click it.
  • Change the Startup type to Automatic and click Start to start the service

• Click Apply and OK to save the changes.

If still the same, try to disabling the YMC service by following steps. To do that, you need to follow these steps:

• Open Services window and locate YMC service.
  • Double click the service to open its properties and set the Startup type to Disabled

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete