Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_Jansson
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Yoga 460 digitizer problem

Hi!

I recently bought the Lenovo Yoga 460 and the Lenovo Thinkpad Active Capacitive Pen. When drawing I experience problems with "cursor jittering" trying to draw a smooth line is impossible. Even if I place a ruler on the screen and draw the line end up jagged and bumpy. It's the same using both the built in pen and the Active pen, and in every art program. The effect is worse if I try to draw slow. Is this normal? Is the digitizer this bad?

/Tobias

JacobH0621
What's DOS?
Views: 634
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo Yoga 460 digitizer problem

I have the same problem too. I scoured the interent to try and find a fix to no avail. I don't think it's a hardware problem because I have the pro pen and both produce terrible, jagged lines. I don't think it's the screen either, it has to be a software problem. Although the problem still persists I found that increasing the frimness of the pen (decrease sensitivity) in the wacom pen settings vastly improves the pen's performance. Lines aren't nearly as jagged as before. It is still not what it should be, but at least now it is usable for writing and sketching.

Guru
Views: 629
Message 3 of 6

Hi

I have a Thinkpad Yoga 14.  Can you check on "Programs and Applications" which "Wacom Pen" software do you have installed? I have installed version 7.3.1-4.

Which software are you using for drawing?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

JacobH0621
What's DOS?
Views: 617
Message 4 of 6

I have the yoga 14 (best buy) version as well and the wacom pen software version is 7.3.2-14. I use one note for writing and sketchbook pro (desktop) for art. I also found messing with the sensitivity in sketchbook helps as well. It is still far perfect though, and it continues to annoy me. I'm continuing to look for a solution, I really wanted to draw on this and jagged/wavy lines makes it difficult.

Tobias_Jansson
Paper Tape
Views: 600
Message 5 of 6

I have Wacom Pen version 7.3.4-13. If there is a newer driver I can't seem to find it. The effect is the same in every program I have tried, Paint, Photoshop, Krita, Gimp, etc. To be honest, as a drawing tool the digitzer is useless.

tramp3rt
What's DOS?
Views: 343
Message 6 of 6

Hallo!

I have the same problem with my lenovo yoga 900s and the lenovo active pen!

I can't find the version of the driver I have, can you help?

the jaggering is very annoying...

THANKS

Top Kudoed Authors