Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john1171
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 764
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo settings apps keeps installing itself

I recently upgraded my Yoga 260 to April 2018 update. After the update Lenovo Settings app installed itself and I keep trying to uninstall it but after a day or two the app just install itself again. It didn't happen with previous update so I think the new April update is causing this issue. Any way to uninstall the settings app so that it doesn't reinstall itself again?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 693
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo settings apps keeps installing itself

What Lenovo Settings app are you talking about?  It has gone end-of-life, and replaced with Lenovo Vantage.

john1171
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 685
Message 3 of 7

Yes I know Lenovo settings app is not longer updated. I had already uninstalled it a while back and been using Lenovo Vantage app. But after updating my computer to April 2018 update it reinstalled itself. I uninstall it but after a day or two it reinstalls again for some reason.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 681
Message 4 of 7

That's really strange and I haven't heard this before.  But I think I can help you:

1.  download and extract the .zip file that I attached here

2. go into the extracted folder, right-click on uninstall_lenovo_settings.bat, and then choose "Run as administrator"

3.  if prompted, answer "Yes" at the User Account Control dialog.

You should see 2 lines, one about removing the package and another about removing the provisioned package.  After this, Settings should be completely uninstalled and should not come back.  If you have any questions about the output that you see, take a screenshot and post it here.

john1171
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 676
Message 5 of 7

I ran the script and the output said it removed the two packages. Hopefully this works. Thanks for the help!
john1171
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 621
Message 6 of 7

Well unfortunately, the Settings app is back even after running the script to remove it. Any other suggestions as to why this could be happening?
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 608
Message 7 of 7

@john1171 wrote:
Well unfortunately, the Settings app is back even after running the script to remove it. Any other suggestions as to why this could be happening?

The script I gave you definitely removes it.  There must be something on your computer that is actively installing it, unfortunately, I have no other idea.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors