Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwf97
Blue Screen Again
Views: 221
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo thinkpad yoga 15 - not booting with error code: 0xc0000225

I recently restarted my laptop as I do often, and now,out f nowhere,  it won't boot back up.

First the laptop displays "to interupt normal startup, press enter"

Then it says "preparing automatic repair" on a splash screen.

Then I get the blue recovery page, the error code: 0xc0000225 and a list of options to try. None of the options seem to work, they either restart the computer or just flash back to the options screen. 

When I hit enter or F12 to interrupt normal boot, it beeps once, and then just freezes until I hold power to shutdown.

I made a bootable windows recovery drive, but don't know how to boot into it as I can't access any menu besides the one above.

I uploaded a picture of the repair screen. Hopefully it is accessible.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 90
Message 2 of 2

Re:

Hi and Welcome to the community forums!

Based on the Blue Screen error code, it's possible that you have a corrupted file system.

Can you try these steps:

1. Hold the power button down to shut it off.

2. Turn it back ON and once Windows loads up (with the preparing automatic repair screen), repeat Step 1 (do this 3 times)
3. If successful, you should be able to see the image below. Select troubleshoot> Advanced Options> System Restore> if system restore works, you should be able to restore back the computer to a previous state (only applicable if you have restore dates). 

4. If Step 3 is not feasible, try booting from the Windows Recovery drive that you created but you need to enter the BIOS first (guide here: https://lnv.gy/2UVjwOF) and then turn off Secure Boot. If successful, repeat Step 3 and observe.

Reference:
https://lnv.gy/2UVYr6E

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors