Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlaps
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 1 of 3

Middle Button Function keeps resetting after software update

On my Yoga 370 I have the middle button function set to be a middle click.  Frequently after either a Windows 10 update or a Lenovo update, the middle click function stops working.  Lenovo Vantage will still show the middle click function selected, it just doesn't work (trackpoint scrolling does work).  This usually resets back to the intended middle click function after a few reboots, but seemingly randomly after at least a few days or weeks of not working.  Anyway to get this functionality back more reliably?

Highlighted
dave_null
Paper Tape
Views: 307
Message 2 of 3

Re: Middle Button Function keeps resetting after software update

I have the same issue, even a sleep cycle or reboot can reset it even though the setting doesn't change.

Mlaps
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 3 of 3

Re: Middle Button Function keeps resetting after software update

A few days after posting this, another update came through, and after installing and rebooting, the problem once again fixed itself.  Then this morning I had another issue with my computer, in that the right edge of the screen stopped being responsive to mouse clicks.  Rebooting fixed that issue, but once again, middle clicks stopped working.  Rebooted two more times and then it started working again.  Would really value any input on how to stop this from happening, or fix it in a more reliable manner once it has happened.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors