Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcb37310
Not applicable
Views: 694
Message 1 of 2

Missing DLL after Lenovo System Update

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my ThinkPad Twist. After that, I ran Lenovo's System Update and downloaded and installed all the recommended updates. Now when I reboot I get a message saying that C:\Program Files (X86)\Thinkpad\Utilities\PWMTR64V.dll is missing.

Searching the Lenovo support site for this DLL file name shows that it is related to Windows 7 Power Management. However, one of the updates from Lenovo was Power Management for Windows 10. I am hesitant to install the Power Management update for Windows 7 (which I'm guessing will solve my missing DLL problem, but maybe not) after installing such an update specific to Windows 10. But I don't want to have to have that popup message about a missing DLL every time I boot. Anyone know how I can resolved this?

eppack
Not applicable
Views: 477
Message 2 of 2

Re: Missing DLL after Lenovo System Update

I have a T540p (x64) and am also getting the PWMTR64V.dll that started fairly recently. It's also been updated to Windows 10 (last year), and like you, given the fix apparently relates to a Windows 7 process, I'm reluctant to update/install it. I went to the pages suggested by the original solution, but both throw 404s. Not real sure where to go with this either, and on the assumption it's a bogus error for this OS/machine, I'd just as soon like to have it stop prompting if possible.

elaine

-----
EP Pack
Charlotte, NC
Thinkpad T540P
Windows 10 Professional
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors