cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryTX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,359
Message 1 of 9

Missing touchscreen drivers for Yoga 260 - 4 hours on the phone with Lenovo so far

We recently purchased a batch of Yoga 260's.  We wiped them and installed Windows 10 Pro from scratch.  The touchscreen no longer functions.  There is an unknown device in Device Manager and the HID touchscreen driver is missing.  So I assume I need the Touchscreen driver but Lenova is unable to tell me where it is.  This is our first experience with Lenovo support and it has been horrible thus far.  It shouldn't be that hard to find a driver.  Can anyone tell me where it is located?  It is not on the support site.

Thanks

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,334
Message 2 of 9

Re: Missing touchscreen drivers for Yoga 260 - 4 hours on the phone with Lenovo so far

Googling around, losing the touchscreen functions seems to be a common complaint when upgrading/fresh-installing Windows on many brands of laptops.

I also found some references to Lenovo's touchscreen firmware updater for the 260 and a few other users got functionality back after updating/reinstalling the BIOS. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
LarryTX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,329
Message 3 of 9

Re: Missing touchscreen drivers for Yoga 260 - 4 hours on the phone with Lenovo so far

That was my first thought too but it gives me a "target device not found" when trying to run the firmward update.  Thanks for the response though, very frustrating.  This should be an easy fix.

Guru
Views: 3,300
Message 4 of 9

Here are links to the driver you need. You don't need to install all of these, simply keep going down the list until one of them works for you. I put the links in order of Most Likely To Work to Least Likely To Work. Hopefully, the download from the first link will be all you need. Good Luck, Let Me Know What Happens.

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/503E_5042_5093_5095.exe

https://download.lenovo.com/lenovo/content/sm/503E_5042_5093_5095.exe

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...

LarryTX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,290
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the response but no luck.  It looks like these links are for firmware updates, not the actual drivers.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,287
Message 6 of 9

You didn't say if you tried updating and/or reinstalling the BIOS.

Failing that, I'd just start going down the list and updating/reinstalling everything (except the McAfee thing) starting with the BIOS. There are a lot of Lenovo-specific things on the list you would have lost during the wipe.  I know it's shooting in the dark to see if you hit anything, but it'd be what I'd try. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
LarryTX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,285
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the suggestion.  I went through the list completely and installed everything listed on the website for this model.  Installed the service bridge and let it scan for updates automatically as well. No luck. 

I've wiped the machine again and started from scratch this morning.  Again, it really shouldn't be this hard to find a driver.

LarryTX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,255
Message 8 of 9

I fixed the problem myself.  I found the missing drivers on the Wacom site.  They were listed as Bamboo Ink.  After loading them all of the missing HDI drivers appeared in device manager.

https://www.wacom.com/en/support/product-support/drivers

Disappointed that Lenovo couldn't tell me where the missing drivers for their product could be located but I'm glad it is resolved.

wjensen
What's DOS?
Views: 2,776
Message 9 of 9

Dear LarryTX, glad it's working fine for you now. 

I could not resolve the issue by installing the bamboo ink drivers.

After installation and reboot I didn't get any new hid devices.

Did you perform an additionnal step when you say that you loaded them ? 

Also just to confirm I chose the right drivers, I used : ISD_DualTouch_7.3.4-47

Thanks for your help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors