cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yar11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,971
Message 1 of 4

My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

Hello friends, I need help to decide if my new TY is OK or I better send it back
The stylus should move the mouse when hovering, and click/write when touching the screen. The problem is, that the stylus sometimes clicking/writing when only hovering. Since it was annoing that sometimes my hovers got into the paint, I sent it to my retailer to have a look.The retailer say that the problem gone when turning the stylus sensitivity to low, that is, he wants to change the manufacturer's default setting. Is this a proper solution? I believed that it shouldn't happen out of the box, and that I don't have to lower anything.  I can still send it back and get a new Thinkpad Yoga if it isn't a normal behavior..

BTW: I tried to update the pen firmware and the BIOS but it didn't help.

Thanks a lot for helping

Swwils
Serial Port
Views: 1,958
Message 2 of 4

Re: My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

Not normal behavior and accepting a software setting is only a "quick fix". - The retailer should give you a full refund/replacement/repair depending on circumstances.

It may also be a faulty stylus only.
yar11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,940
Message 3 of 4

Re: My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

Thanks Swwis for your answering!

The retailer say that some of the Wacom pens just gets over sensitive. I see that they don't easily agree to replace my unit, and they insist to lower the default sensitivity unless I have a good reason why not ..

I don't know if it *solves* the problem or just making it rarer. 

The stylus has pressure levels; may reducing the sensitivity reduce the pressure levels dynamics? May it harm the experience with the pen or the performance of the pen for art/write?

Thanks 

yar11
Paper Tape
Views: 1,812
Message 4 of 4

They replaced (only) the stylus and the new stylus worked great!

I say 'worked' because the right botton on the trackpad also didn't work and now I'm waiting for a replacement from Lenovo..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors