Options

3 Posts

12-30-2013

Israel

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 4

My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

2013-12-30, 23:09 PM

Hello friends, I need help to decide if my new TY is OK or I better send it back
The stylus should move the mouse when hovering, and click/write when touching the screen. The problem is, that the stylus sometimes clicking/writing when only hovering. Since it was annoing that sometimes my hovers got into the paint, I sent it to my retailer to have a look.The retailer say that the problem gone when turning the stylus sensitivity to low, that is, he wants to change the manufacturer's default setting. Is this a proper solution? I believed that it shouldn't happen out of the box, and that I don't have to lower anything.  I can still send it back and get a new Thinkpad Yoga if it isn't a normal behavior..

BTW: I tried to update the pen firmware and the BIOS but it didn't help.

Thanks a lot for helping

Solved! See the solution
Options

64 Posts

10-19-2012

UK

69 Signins

978 Page Views

• Views: 978
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

2013-12-31, 0:38 AM
Not normal behavior and accepting a software setting is only a "quick fix". - The retailer should give you a full refund/replacement/repair depending on circumstances.

It may also be a faulty stylus only.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

12-30-2013

Israel

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

Re: My Thinkpad Yoga's stylus paints when hovering. Is it better to send it back??Thanks!

2013-12-31, 10:51 AM

Thanks Swwis for your answering!

The retailer say that some of the Wacom pens just gets over sensitive. I see that they don't easily agree to replace my unit, and they insist to lower the default sensitivity unless I have a good reason why not ..

I don't know if it *solves* the problem or just making it rarer. 

The stylus has pressure levels; may reducing the sensitivity reduce the pressure levels dynamics? May it harm the experience with the pen or the performance of the pen for art/write?

Thanks 

Options

3 Posts

12-30-2013

Israel

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2014-02-19, 22:30 PM

They replaced (only) the stylus and the new stylus worked great!

I say 'worked' because the right botton on the trackpad also didn't work and now I'm waiting for a replacement from Lenovo..

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete